Sign in to follow this  
newtie

High GPU use, low everything else

54 minutes ago, newtie said:

reset all graphics to medium

I run mine at "high" on an old 4770K system.. You should be at either high or ultra.

Bert

3 hours ago, newtie said:

My monitor is set to 30hz with vsync on in game.
Haven't been flying in MSFS very long but seems pretty smooth with no stutters.

Mark, use freeware CapFrameX and obtain a capture of what you're seeing.  Here's what you could see, if set up for it, and I would not accept anything less.  You simply hit F11 to start a capture of Frame Time Variance and Stuttering.  Here's the PMDG 737 from pushback to altitude.  This equates to ultra smooth animation w/o stuttering and that includes at arrival airports.   This approach is visibly superior to using in-sim vsync w/ an appropriate divisor in MSFS:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here is a short capture however w/o my method of frame locking, so wide open.  While the frame rate averages around 47 or so it's nowhere near as smooth as the above locked at 35:

spacer.png

PM me if interested others here have heard this ad nauseum--but often will ignore this under the belief the higher the frame rate the better, which is not always the case, at all.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I run mine at "high" on an old 4770K system.. You should be at either high or ultra.

I will try that!

My old system had a 4770k, worked great for many years with P3D.

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Bert we need to get you upgraded.  I thought I had an old system with my 8700K.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

2 hours ago, Mace said:

Bert we need to get you upgraded.  I thought I had an old system with my 8700K.

It actually runs just fine on my system... the only thing I had to upgrade was the RAM from 8 to 16 GB.

Bert

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

It actually runs just fine on my system... 

I know it does. 

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB