Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

How do you get Track IR to reconnect to the sim?

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Forgive my ignorance.  Does it recover head tracking in-game, or does that just mean you can look around using mouse movements (which I was able to do, but did not want)

It covers head tracking in-game...just what you're looking for.

I only use it when I lose TIR during my MSFS 2020 session. Instead of stopping and restarting TIR, I simply start TIR Mouse emulation (while TIR is still running)...I do not use on a daily basis...

Edited by flyblueskies
  • Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

22 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

It covers head tracking in-game...just what you're looking for.

Good to know.  Thanks!

Thanks for this. This also seems to happen if TIR is open and you restart MSFS in my case.
Can anyone tell me more about the TIR mouse app and where to find it please? Thanks

4 hours ago, Cloudrider said:

Thanks for this. This also seems to happen if TIR is open and you restart MSFS in my case.
Can anyone tell me more about the TIR mouse app and where to find it please? Thanks

It's located in your NaturalPoint\TrackIR5 folder:

kEtjeff.jpg

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

On 5/30/2023 at 8:51 PM, F737MAX said:

No way to reconnect TrackIR headset functionality when it drops out.

*However*, you can use TrackIR Mouse Emulation to perform a similar function.
It's not perfect, yet it can save you from rage-quitting the sim, especially if you are well into a flight.

Yes this is how I get it to reconnect with the sim.  Sometimes I do have to restart TiR software then run the Mouse Emulation exe for it to work without restarting the sim.

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson