Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

How do you get Track IR to reconnect to the sim?

Been on a 7 hour long haul, coming up for the arrival.  Seems like TIR is no longer reading head movements in the sim (although it is tracking head movements in the app calibration/settings).  Is there any way to get it to reconnect the sim without shutting down the session?  I have closed and restarted TIR.   Same issue

Edited by ErichB

14 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Been on a 7 hour long haul, coming up for the arrival.  Seems like TIR is no longer reading head movements in the sim (although it is tracking head movements in the app calibration/settings).  Is there any way to get it to reconnect the sim without shutting down the session?  I have closed and restarted TIR.   Same issue

I have had that happened once or twice in two years, I ended up having to restart MSFS. I wound up using the mouse to look around until I landed. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

29 minutes ago, ErichB said:

No way to reconnect TrackIR headset functionality when it drops out.

*However*, you can use TrackIR Mouse Emulation to perform a similar function.
It's not perfect, yet it can save you from rage-quitting the sim, especially if you are well into a flight.

[...] by going to the install location of your TrackIR and selecting TIRMouse.exe it should allow you some mouse emulation

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I can move head with the mouse but it's quite annoying

Did you try disabling and then re-enabling TrackIR support in the Cockpit Camera settings popup window in the sim? I don't know if it'll work (and I can't test it myself as I'm 2 weeks away from my sim computer) but it's worth a try.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Malaromane said:

Did you try disabling and then re-enabling TrackIR support in the Cockpit Camera settings popup window in the sim? I don't know if it'll work (and I can't test it myself as I'm 2 weeks away from my sim computer) but it's worth a try.

I think that actually worked for me maybe once. But, usually it needs a re-start.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

This works 100% of the time for me when TrackIR disconnects: Open the windows search bar, enter “mouse emulation” and run it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Quitting TrackIR then relaunching? MSFS can actually "get" TrackIR even if it's launched after MSFS itself.

spacer.png5800X3D, 64GB 3200 RAM, 7900 XT 20GB

Mouse Emulation works for me yeah if this happens, although sometimes I restart TrackIR and jags it back but on those occasions I think I just got lucky. 

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

1 hour ago, petz_e said:

This works 100% of the time for me when TrackIR disconnects: Open the windows search bar, enter “mouse emulation” and run it.

This works for me everytime...

I also added a link to it on my taskbar (so I don't have to search for it).

Edited by flyblueskies
  • Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

11 hours ago, Malaromane said:

I did not,  But worth a try if it happens again

10 hours ago, iborg1979 said:

Quitting TrackIR then relaunching? MSFS can actually "get" TrackIR even if it's launched after MSFS itself.

It didn't in this case.  Multiple relaunches of the TIR app

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

It didn't in this case.  Multiple relaunches of the TIR app

Have you tried running the TrackIR mouse emulation app when this happens yet?

Honestly, I had the same problem you're describing many times and wondered how to restart TIR. I did the same exact thing you keep trying...no go until I found the TrackIR mouse emulation app solution.

Give it a try...what will it hurt?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

6 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

Have you tried running the TrackIR mouse emulation app when this happens yet?

Honestly, I had the same problem you're describing many times and wondered how to restart TIR. I did the same exact thing you keep trying...no go until I found the TrackIR mouse emulation app solution.

Give it a try...what will it hurt?

Forgive my ignorance.  Does it recover head tracking in-game, or does that just mean you can look around using mouse movements (which I was able to do, but did not want)