Sign in to follow this  
newtie

EFB tablet no longer takes input

Hi-

Been flying the 414 for a while now and noticed today that the efb will no longer take clicks in the boxes.

Opens up just fine and stows ok too.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

1 hour ago, newtie said:

Hi-

Been flying the 414 for a while now and noticed today that the efb will no longer take clicks in the boxes.

Opens up just fine and stows ok too.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

Odds are that you have an addon in the Community folder causing this problem. For just one example, it has been known for a long time that the Heavy Division 787 addon, which modifies default Asobo code that the C414 uses, will kill the EFB.  Addon liveries are another possibility.

For a quick test, close the sim and rename your Community folder to back it up, then create a new Community folder and only put the necessary C414 related files in it (the C414 if a FSW or SimMarket purchase, and perhaps a GTN750 file). Then start the sim and see if the EFB works.

Al

Edited by ark

I will try this tomorrow. No Heavy Division 787 whatever that is.

Thanks!

Mark

A few minutes ago I planned to make a short trip and found a same problem as newtie. No "Heavy Division 787 addon" and not add any addons. All works very well as I use this plane couple days ago.

Rolf Niemi

7 hours ago, ark said:

For a quick test, close the sim and rename your Community folder to back it up, then create a new Community folder and only put the necessary C414 related files in it (the C414 if a FSW or SimMarket purchase, and perhaps a GTN750 file). Then start the sim and see if the EFB works.

Al

This trick not work - I tested it.

Rolf

Rolf Niemi

5 hours ago, romoni said:

This trick not work - I tested it.

Rolf

Creating a new Community folder is just a quick way to test for conflicts with Community folder addons. It is not a "trick" intended to actually fix anything. 

I have not been able to duplicate your problem. There are literally 1000s of C414 users and I have not seen this problem reported lately except for the two of you in this thread. So at least initially it seems to be an issue with your setups and I don't have any other ideas except to suggest trying a reinstall of the C414. If that doesn't help, suggest you raise the issue on the FSW Discord site at https://discord.gg/PHScxsyE .  The #chat and #community-pc channels are very active and provide a lot of help. The C414 developer is also active there.

Where did you purchase the C414, and are you using Win10 or Win11?  All my testing is with Win10.

Al

Edited by ark

The thing is, it worked before, but doesn't now.
I'll test this this morning and let you all know.

9 minutes ago, newtie said:

The thing is, it worked before, but doesn't now.
I'll test this this morning and let you all know.

Understand, that's what makes it so hard to figure out what is going on. Wish I had some ideas but I don't at this point except to try a C414 reinstall. If there are no Community folder addon conflicts, can you think of any changes you have made to your setup since the EFB worked -- any new hardware or software, any new control bindings, etc?

Al

Edited by ark

Two ORBX sceneries, one aircraft, that's it.

Uninstalled, reinstalled, tried different liveries, nada.

I'll try over at the MSFS forum and see it that yields any solution.

Thanks,

Mark

1 hour ago, ark said:

Creating a new Community folder is just a quick way to test for conflicts with Community folder addons. It is not a "trick" intended to actually fix anything. 

I have not been able to duplicate your problem. There are literally 1000s of C414 users and I have not seen this problem reported lately except for the two of you in this thread. So at least initially it seems to be an issue with your setups and I don't have any other ideas except to suggest trying a reinstall of the C414. If that doesn't help, suggest you raise the issue on the FSW Discord site at https://discord.gg/PHScxsyE .  The #chat and #community-pc channels are very active and provide a lot of help. The C414 developer is also active there.

Where did you purchase the C414, and are you using Win10 or Win11?  All my testing is with Win10.

Al

I use Windows 11 => Latest update

I bought this addon from SimMarket.=> Latest update

The aircraft works without problem couple days ago and this is a first day as I have problem with this plane. I tested sim with Kodiak today and no any problem.

Mayby the last fix is to re-installation...

Rolf

Edited by romoni

Rolf Niemi

Same with me; worked fine until yesterday.
Reinstall did not work for me, FWIW.
I have had no Win11 updates.

I'm a little bit shame. I found a reason why my EFB didn't work. I forgot set PMS GTN750 to active via Addons Linker and that why the problem occured. Sorry about that🙄

• Like 1

Rolf Niemi

1 hour ago, newtie said:

Same with me; worked fine until yesterday.
Reinstall did not work for me, FWIW.
I have had no Win11 updates.

Make sure you are using the latest version of the TDS GTN 750, ver 1.0.2.6, and that it is working. A characteristic of HTML gauges is that if one breaks, others may not work as well.

spacer.png

Another thing you can try is loading the GNS530 version of the C414 with a default livery and see if the EFB works.

Al

Edited by ark

Trainer and simulator up to date.
Opened a GNS530 model, efb works.
Went back to a GTN750Xi model, efb now works.

No clue as to why.

Thanks for all the help Al; greatly appreciated and why I'm an FSW customer.

Mark

• Like 1