Sign in to follow this  
ayousry

MCE 3.0.39 issue

hello

i downloaded latest mce ver uninstalled prev ver and installed the latest like usual, now i am stuck at 'trying to connect to msfs' i tried checking 'run as admin' but didnt solve it , also tried to redownload the latest ver from the website i couldnt 'pressing on link does nothing'

34 minutes ago, ayousry said:

hello

i downloaded latest mce ver uninstalled prev ver and installed the latest like usual, now i am stuck at 'trying to connect to msfs' i tried checking 'run as admin' but didnt solve it , also tried to redownload the latest ver from the website i couldnt 'pressing on link does nothing'

Confirmed and download temporarily withdrawn.

A new package will be uploaded today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ayousry said:

hello

Should be able to access latest package now. MSFS, P3D Demo for now. The X-Plane package will be updated later today.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Please confirm this one downloads and installs smoothly. Hopefully even without Windows smartscreen notification.

Others are encouraged to do the same and feed back.

Thank you all.

• Like 1

I still can't run MCE 3.0.39.

When I first start MCE 3.0.39 the Windows sound setting window comes up (like it does when running the Run App Wizard for the sound attenuation). But MCE does not start. When I try to start MCE again, nothing happens (as far as I see).

I tried and replaced the new mce.exe with my backed up mce.exe from version 3.0.35 and after that MCE starts normal again.

Replacing the mce.exe from 3.0.39 again: same issue again.

Of course I tried re-installing, re-running the Run App Wizard and factory reset, to no avail.

3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

I still can't run MCE 3.0.39.

When I first start MCE 3.0.39 the Windows sound setting window comes up (like it does when running the Run App Wizard for the sound attenuation). But MCE does not start. When I try to start MCE again, nothing happens (as far as I see).

I tried and replaced the new mce.exe with my backed up mce.exe from version 3.0.35 and after that MCE starts normal again.

Replacing the mce.exe from 3.0.39 again: same issue again.

Of course I tried re-installing, re-running the Run App Wizard and factory reset, to no avail.

Check your Gmail Ralf. The one registered with Avsim. Thanks

hi Gerald,

thanks for the quick fix downloading and running is good now,but takeoff and after takeoff callouts are broken 

i.e 'no positive rate call' 'calling mins after takeoff' 'no V Speeds calls' ....etc

11 hours ago, ayousry said:

hi Gerald,

thanks for the quick fix downloading and running is good now,but takeoff and after takeoff callouts are broken 

i.e 'no positive rate call' 'calling mins after takeoff' 'no V Speeds calls' ....etc

Reset MCE to factory settings so you can get a "mce.ini" that is aware of conditional call-outs (they are enabled by default).

There is now a new panel where you can select which ones you need.

What you reported may not necessaruly be caused by the changes to call-out system.

It can happen when for some reason FO cannot work out the flight phase automatically. Particularly when trying to read power lever position.

For instance V1, VR, V2 will only happens when he knows for sure you're taking off, irrespective of settings in callouts panel.

The "minimums" callout instead of "positive rate" also hints at that.

Eventually, push the power levers full forward and you may hear them.

Which plane is this happening with?

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1

if i reset factory setting wont that change my custom commands and scripts? it took me a long time to set it the way i want.

that was with the fenix a320

1 hour ago, ayousry said:

if i reset factory setting wont that change my custom commands and scripts? it took me a long time to set it the way i want.

that was with the fenix a320

Custom flows are stored under \My documents\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

They are never removed after un-installing MCE. Nor is any flow with the same name overwritten after re-installing MCE.

Once a flow is in place (even a pre-made one), MCE always assumes the user modified it and won't be replaced with a default one.

Voxkey custom commands are under \My Documents\Voxkey\ folder.

Only a hard drive failure or accidental deletion from \My documents\ folder would get them lost. May need a backup to external drive.

Restore to default settings won't affect the flows at all.

It resets the following.

Speech pace, volume and picth to default in case they are messed up

Restores default features and options that work for most scenarios.

Restores ATC mode to default MS built-in ATC

Restores default voices.

Removes joysticks assignments.

Removes headset assignment.

Having said that, you can avoid that by manually adding the newly available call-outs options.

Go to MCE installation folder and open "mce.bkp" using Notepad only.

That's the default file used to restore to factory settings.

Copy the entire [CALLOUTS] section and paste it to your live "mce.ini" in C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

With regards Fenix...

I suggest you calibrate your hardware throttle if you have such device.

At least, ensure on takeoff that the throttles in VC are above CLB detent. Eventually, ask Fo "set toga thrust".

Report in case you're still not getting Vspeed callouts.

Not sure which version the Fenix is on. Was there a recent release?

Would appreciate someone other than Ralf with a non-English Windows installation have a go at the most recent Demo and confirm whether there is any issue. Thanks

same issues exist after 'resetting to factory' also am sure throttle are calibrated and its above CLB detent when taking off, this ver is so buggy with fenix at least, few versions back it was almost flawless, if you dont own the fenix i can help you on one to one chat if it will help , we can go through all normal sop and whats is expected from an a320 copilot and sort out all bugs once and for all

11 hours ago, ayousry said:

same issues exist after 'resetting to factory' also am sure throttle are calibrated and its above CLB detent when taking off, this ver is so buggy with fenix at least, few versions back it was almost flawless, if you dont own the fenix i can help you on one to one chat if it will help , we can go through all normal sop and whats is expected from an a320 copilot and sort out all bugs once and for all

Thanks for the offer. I do have own Fenix A320 copy, so it's not like trying to implement a "generic solution" that relies solely on feedback.

And I'm not in this alone either. Collegue Ben does the heavy lifting.

Now that you have checked your throttle and confirmed it is happening despite levers being higher that CLB, it's a matter of revisiting the plane in the context of the latest version it's in and working it out.

For instance, FO determines the flight phase based on many parammeters, among them throttle levers positions.

In an ideal world, all MSFS planes would use default MSFS vars for throttles, the positive range being from 0 to 16383 and the Climb position at same value (somewhere above 11000. Unfortunately it's not the case.

Some planes use default variable, other rely on a custom one (and own range). Some start with default, then in airplane update move to using their own var. The reference value can vary from 9000 to 12000 when you include de-rated power setting on some planes (and that is just a guess).

Each plane update has the potential to break the interfacing. You're never completely done.

Take reading CDU Vspeeds for instance or FCU, SPD< HDG, ALT panel as well as FMA state.

No wonder no other voice control product on the market bothers to implement that. It's way too hard. There is no SDK for this. It requires complex workarounds which may need adapting and maintenance as the plane gets updated.

Feedback is important because we can't spend our time flying for 2 hours on each fully supported plane, every time the software gets updated just to spot something that may happen on approach or something. We do spend it on interfacing more and more planes (withpout charging a dime) so you can get "Install once, fly many to extreme detail). The customers are more likely to find the little imperfections. Therefore do not hesitate to report as you did here.

The plane will be looked at this within the next 2 days.

• Like 1

Thanks for the effort

ofcourse i do appreciate how hard it is to follow all modules and the coding process , didnt mean anything generic on my end, i did fly a330 for 9 years and now the a320 (just got promoted…yaaaay😝) so i hv a good idea how things should go with task sharing and all airbus standard sops , i want this product to be as close as the real thing as much as possible since it filled a big gap in my flightsim training and overall immersion and it deserves the effort, anyways ill try to gather all the bugs i can Discover and report back.

i do use flex ofcourse 90% of the time , just in case if it is one factor of the N1 readings for takeoff callouts threshold

Edited by ayousry
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ayousry said:

Thanks for the effort

ofcourse i do appreciate how hard it is to follow all modules and the coding process , didnt mean anything generic on my end, i did fly a330 for 9 years and now the a320 (just got promoted…yaaaay😝) so i hv a good idea how things should go with task sharing and all airbus standard sops , i want this product to be as close as the real thing as much as possible since it filled a big gap in my flightsim training and overall immersion and it deserves the effort, anyways ill try to gather all the bugs i can Discover and report back.

i do use flex ofcourse 90% of the time , just in case if it is one factor of the N1 readings for takeoff callouts threshold

Congrats on your promotion.

Sometimes I write things intended for others who may stumble across the thread by accident.

You, me and many following this forum closely know and understand we have the technical edge and provide the deepest and most flexible integration with the most prominent planes on the market. .

Too many who still think that a product that supports 50 complex planes across all Microsoft and Lockheed Martin simulators must be generic in nature.

How is that possible...Well, 15+ years of full time development and counting.🙂

• Like 1