Sign in to follow this  
Souris Lemur635

Severe stutters/perfomance issues with a 7800X3D and RTX 409

I got so frustrated by the entire thing that I just completely built a new PC from scratch, the only parts I kept are the fans.

This is on a fresh install of Windows and MSFS again.

So yeah, I give up. I think there's nothing else I can do hardware-wise.

I can't really recreate it on mine, as I don't have the IniBuilds airport. However, do note that FSLTL do add a lot of spikes in the overall frametimes in the debug FPS view. And with frame generation, the debug FPS view is "incorrect" -- It's essentially half of your actual current FPS. Think it's showing the raw FPS before the inserted frames. But it's still a good tool to see the spikes.

How smooth is it if you set Terrain Level of Detail to 90, turn off FSLTL and perhaps FPS limit with Nvidia CP (don't use RTSS with FG!) -- Does that alleviate the stutters?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

41 minutes ago, Souris Lemur635 said:

I got so frustrated by the entire thing that I just completely built a new PC from scratch, the only parts I kept are the fans.

This is on a fresh install of Windows and MSFS again.

In the other forum you wrote that you are using FSLTL, Fenix's A320 and 3rd party KJFK. Which posts are we supposed to believe? 😞

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/7800x3d-and-rtx-4090-performance-issues/596265/171?u=mrfuzzy1337

Fresh and clean install means the vanilla game, default aircraft and nothing in community folder or running in background. This has to be done not because you cannot use addons, but to isolate the issue and find possible solutions.

• Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

What are your FLSTL settings? Because at the KLAX and KJFK areas it can murder your CPU if you don't tone it down from default.

I suggest dropping injection radius for aircraft in the sky to 80km, 30km for ground, and max AI active to like 80. See if it makes a difference becaise it sure does for me.

Edited by Abriael

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Sethos said:

I can't really recreate it on mine, as I don't have the IniBuilds airport. However, do note that FSLTL do add a lot of spikes in the overall frametimes in the debug FPS view. And with frame generation, the debug FPS view is "incorrect" -- It's essentially half of your actual current FPS. Think it's showing the raw FPS before the inserted frames. But it's still a good tool to see the spikes.

How smooth is it if you set Terrain Level of Detail to 90, turn off FSLTL and perhaps FPS limit with Nvidia CP (don't use RTSS with FG!) -- Does that alleviate the stutters?

Not at home right now but I'll let you know tomorrow. I think it probably will help with the stutters, when I did testing with TLOD last week it was definitely the biggest factor for the stutters.

10 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

In the other forum you wrote that you are using FSLTL, Fenix's A320 and 3rd party KJFK. Which posts are we supposed to believe? 😞

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/7800x3d-and-rtx-4090-performance-issues/596265/171?u=mrfuzzy1337

Fresh and clean install means the vanilla game, default aircraft and nothing in community folder or running in background. This has to be done not because you cannot use addons, but to isolate the issue and find possible solutions.

I already replied to you over there but I'll paste it here in case you didn't see it: 

The one getting confused here is you. I sent you a video of exactly what you asked, the FSLTL Fenix thing was a reply to another user. If you scroll up, you can see why I tried those different addons and settings, it was because I found a couple of benchmarks with the same hardware on YT and wanted to compare my performance to them. I’ll give you that I made a mistake cause I said the settings in the JFK vid were the ultra preset and I actually had a few things turned down.

It may be chasing ghosts, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect something more than stuttering down to 10 FPS with the best system you can buy for this game today, even if I’m using addons. My point here is if I wanted that I could’ve kept the 10900k (which is still a very capable chip, don’t get me wrong) but a 7800X3D or 7950X3D should be showing a notable performance increase.

I guess it could be possible that Asobo screwed up with some of the latest updates because the benchmarks I’m comparing to are a few months old.

7 hours ago, Abriael said:

What are your FLSTL settings? Because at the KLAX and KJFK areas it can murder your CPU if you don't tone it down from default.

I suggest dropping injection radius for aircraft in the sky to 80km, 30km for ground, and max AI active to like 80. See if it makes a difference becaise it sure does for me.

It's just the default settings, pressed N when it prompted me if I wanted to change the settings.

Just now, Souris Lemur635 said:

It's just the default settings, pressed N when it prompted me if I wanted to change the settings.

Try pressing yes and change the settings I suggested. It's very likely to help with very little changes in what you actually see. You don't really need to have aircraft spawn as far as FSLTL does by default.

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Souris Lemur635 said:

Not at home right now but I'll let you know tomorrow. I think it probably will help with the stutters, when I did testing with TLOD last week it was definitely the biggest factor for the stutters.

Just to add, set Terrain Level of Detail to 200 and work your way down. I've absolutely no idea why I said 90, might have been thinking about my own FPS cap while thinking of mentioning capping your FPS 😅

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, Souris Lemur635 said:

This has to be very frustrating for you 😞

What are the only pieces of hardware that haven't been ruled out? I'm still running with my 64gig of 6400 XMP, waiting on my Expo. I've got my ram clocked down to 6000 and my settings set to ultra with my tlod set to 400 and my olod to 200

At Feel There's KLAX with the PMDG 737-700, Trak IR and Spad.next running I get around 48/76 fps on the tarmac,  35/70 fps on take off/final and around 45/90 sightseeing around the city.  When I run FShud with FSLTL it will cost me around 25% of my fps.

I'm still having stability problems with my system, it takes way too long to boot up. System hasn't crashed yet when its running and I've had MSFS running on it for over 48hrs on the tarmac and no system crash with stable fps 😉

With my system running on the Expo ram that I suspect is faulty, I can't set my system to Expo 1, it wont run on it, I have to leave the bios at default. With the same MSFS settings I get around 22/44 tarmac, 17/34 takeoff/final and 25/50 sightseeing with no stutters.

It sounds to me like your have a local problem, not related to hardware or common MSFS related software. Have you tried running in offline mode? Are all your permissions setup correctly?

If its not the hardware, then its a setting somewhere, not an MSFS setting. It could be the streaming, so I'd try without it so we can rule that out.

Reminds me of the frustrations I had back in the day trying to get stuff working in W95 😉

Edited by laserit
mish mash

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

11 hours ago, Sethos said:

Just to add, set Terrain Level of Detail to 200 and work your way down. I've absolutely no idea why I said 90, might have been thinking about my own FPS cap while thinking of mentioning capping your FPS 😅

So this is ultra preset, TLOD at 200 and no FSLTL. It's an improvement for sure, but there are still some stutters and spiking when panning. 

This is the same but with 250 TLOD, as expected going over 200 seems impossible.

11 hours ago, Abriael said:

Try pressing yes and change the settings I suggested. It's very likely to help with very little changes in what you actually see. You don't really need to have aircraft spawn as far as FSLTL does by default.

Using your settings and the ultra preset with TLOD at 200. Also helped, but I wonder how much of it is because there's less real traffic at JFK now compared to the other video. Still some stutters and FPS drops tho, it looks smoother in YT than it does in-game lol

8 hours ago, laserit said:

This has to be very frustrating for you 😞

What are the only pieces of hardware that haven't been ruled out? I'm still running with my 64gig of 6400 XMP, waiting on my Expo. I've got my ram clocked down to 6000 and my settings set to ultra with my tlod set to 400 and my olod to 200

At Feel There's KLAX with the PMDG 737-700, Trak IR and Spad.next running I get around 48/76 fps on the tarmac,  35/70 fps on take off/final and around 45/90 sightseeing around the city.  When I run FShud with FSLTL it will cost me around 25% of my fps.

I'm still having stability problems with my system, it takes way too long to boot up. System hasn't crashed yet when its running and I've had MSFS running on it for over 48hrs on the tarmac and no system crash with stable fps 😉

With my system running on the Expo ram that I suspect is faulty, I can't set my system to Expo 1, it wont run on it, I have to leave the bios at default. With the same MSFS settings I get around 22/44 tarmac, 17/34 takeoff/final and 25/50 sightseeing with no stutters.

It sounds to me like your have a local problem, not related to hardware or common MSFS related software. Have you tried running in offline mode? Are all your permissions setup correctly?

If its not the hardware, then its a setting somewhere, not an MSFS setting. It could be the streaming, so I'd try without it so we can rule that out.

Reminds me of the frustrations I had back in the day trying to get stuff working in W95 😉

Yeah, it's super frustrating 😑

Everything is new so I don't know if it could be a hardware issue, I've tested a couple of different 7800X3D and a 7950X3D, two sets of DDR5 RAM... 

Your performance seems extremely good, I can't go over 200 TLOD without it killing the CPU and even 200 already makes the FPS drop into the 20s. 

Permissions should be fine, and I did try offline. The FPS are a lot better but it's probably because of photogrammetry being turned off rather than a streaming issue. I have Gigabit internet for both download and upload so in theory that shouldn't be an issue.