Sign in to follow this  
kouryy

Zibo Mod 737 ignores glideslope when engaging APP mode

Hello,

Recently I've been flying the Zibo mod 737 and I've been struggling with a problem in the final approach. When I press the APP mode button (with the correct ILS frequency and both localizers captured) my plane only follows the vertical glideslope but ignores the horizontal one banking left or right and ignoring the path to the runway. This has happened to me several times causing sometimes to crash the plane in bad weather conditions. If anyone had the same problem please help me because this is really frustrating.

If there's some mistake in the text I'm sorry, I'm from Spain.

Thank you.

That usually happens in Spain !  🤪

Jokes apart - are you sure you're engaging both AP 1 & 2 as the LOC and GS signals are alive ?

Does it happen at airports with RNAV approaches - are you sure you're not flying a RNAV app ?

Did you tune the ILS frequency on both radios and set the rw course in the MCP, on both Captain and F/O sides ?

I'll be in San Sebastián next week, via Bilbao - SPAIN is BEAUTIFUL!!! I can help ya there if you pay me a tapa 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hmm, maybe that's the problem. I've only been setting ILS frequencies in captain radios and only engaging CMD A. Next time I fly the Zibo I'll tell you if this problem is solved. Thank you very much! 

standard ILS approach (non CAT) does not require both autopilots to be activated.

https://www.faa.gov/documentlibrary/media/advisory_circular/ac120-29a.pdf

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

just because a certain CATx approach may require dual autopilots to be legal, does not mean a single autopilot (provided correct NAV frequency and CRS heading in the MCP selected) can technically not capture the localiser if within the 50 degree sector, as in the case the OP has described.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

Yes, single AP can be used provided you're not doing an Autoland, but I wrongly assumed the OP was referring to that.

The SINGLE CH advisory in the PFD.

Anyway, here you have an interesting post regarding single AP approaches:

737 Single-channel autoland - PPRuNe Forums

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

On 6/19/2023 at 11:32 PM, kouryy said:

I'm from Spain.

hola kouryy. 

muchos saludos a la bella españa.

you might find this video interesting, from a real B737 Pilot, not an Avsim amateur:

and here from an amateur using the PMDG 737, you can use youtube's subtitle auto translate into english or seven spanish! it explains how to eliminate flight plan discontinuities which might keep you from intercepting the localiser and how to select between the 2 autoland autopilot modes: Fail Operational or Passive mode. and how to select runway localizer CRS, based on internal simulator or external NAV database. not sure if the Zibo mod offers all these options a well.

pmdg737autoland7gfi2.jpg

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

On 6/19/2023 at 11:32 PM, kouryy said:

my plane only follows the vertical glideslope but ignores the horizontal one

the "horizontal one" meaning the LOCaliser. 😀

• Like 1

very nice.

Keep in mind that Zibo's 737 is under constant development, so one release may be fine, while another will have bugs.

Normally, ILS frequency + correct CRS setting + AP1 or AP2 and APP mode is enough for a normal ILS landing.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days