Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Updated aircraft manuals, for those who still like paper..

On 8/7/2023 at 12:52 PM, b1bmsgt said:

I did until the invention of the ipad...

I used to keep a book of poetry in my bathroom until my brother-in-law who's a cop read the dedication and realised that I was running my own drugs empire...

2 hours ago, Holdit said:

I used to keep a book of poetry in my bathroom until my brother-in-law who's a cop read the dedication and realised that I was running my own drugs empire...

Was that the end of the book of poetry in the dunny (Aussie slang) or the empire LOL

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

On 6/30/2023 at 3:31 PM, cepact said:

why would anyone waste paper to print these manuals ? use a tablet

My question to you is; why do you care?

Do you genuinely not understand why someone would prefer one over the other? We are individuals and are entitled to our choices. I for instance, use a tablet for charts but prefer to read actual books or manuals if the text document is long. 

Are you concerned about the environment? Electronics have a far bigger impact on the environment then producing paper does. Managed properly, trees are a renewable resource. The materials, many toxic, used to make your tablet are not renewable and limited. Unlike paper, a lot of your tablet is not recyclable, and the remnants pollute the environment AND your tablet needs to be charged using, most likely fossil fuels, to produce that electricity. I would argue that the tablet is far more wasteful in the long run that paper. 

Lastly, don't lecture people you don't know. Perhaps a better way to word your post would be: Why do some people use paper still? Seems wasteful to me. I prefer to use a tablet. 

This would make you seem inquisitive, maybe willing to give advice instead of someone lecturing on how much more virtuous you are than others.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, sivart2000 said:

We are individuals and are entitled to our choices

Well put! I'm back in the UK after 20 years and was excited to join a local library to read my favourite books I read in my younger days. Except the online catalogue I was forced to use listed them as online ONLY. The library BUILDING was still there but very few books.

I went on eBay and got them there instead. 3 hardcovers from 40 years ago all for 20 quid total. One is always in a backpack for a read on the bus/train.

Russell Gough

SE London

spacer.png