Sign in to follow this  
Speeed

Throttle Has A Mind Ot It's Own - Arghhh Frustrated

This happened out of nowhere -

My setup is an X52 stick and throttle that worked perfectly 2 days ago. I made not changes to the setup. I will use the Cessna 172 in my explanation.

When sitting on the runway with the engine on the engine runs perfectly. When I power up and begin the take off run, the engine throttle is reduced without input throttle input. When I attempt to increase throttle, the cockpit throttle goes haywire as if it is receiving input from somewhere else and is wrestling with my own inputs. The mixture knob does the same.

I tried resetting control settings, resetting my X52, checking for control conflicts, etc. I even tired disconnecting the X52 and controlling with the keyboard,etc. I explored all possible key conflicts, the joystick works fine in all other sims.

There is a setting somewhere, that is interfering with the throttle. I am at wit's end here. As I stated, this came out of nowhere. This is super frustrating. Any ideas?

Be absolutely certain you do not have both the throttle mapped to the stick and throttle. Also make sure you're mapped to 'Throttle axis 1', Throttle axis 2 etc...(if you have multi engine.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4474/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3593/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

I used to have an X-52 but now have an X-56 (though I think both are a little flaky). I've had all sorts of issues with them in MSFS (though they both performed well in FSX, P3D and XP11/12).

There's something decidely shonky about MSFS and Saitek gear. I ended up getting Lorby's AAO's to sort the mess out. It gives you much more control - and it's easier to work out what may be going wrong.

My setup works fine, but the MSFS calibration GUI still refuses to display the axes correctly (sometimes the visual sliders don't appear at all!!).

The problem is that whatever you do locally, MSFS ends up re-downloading a [possibly corrupt] set of profiles from the cloud. It's totally bonkers. Thank goodness I have AAO.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Can sometimes be a dodgy throttle lever or wheel, but more often a case of the throttle control mapped to more than one controller, switch or lever.

Worth uninstalling and reinstalling the controller when troubleshooting this too.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

35 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Worth uninstalling and reinstalling the controller when troubleshooting this too.

Does MSFS re-download the old profiles from the cloud when you do that (genuine question)?

5 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Does MSFS re-download the old profiles from the cloud when you do that (genuine question)?

Genuine answer Adam is that I have absolutely no idea. Wait a while though as a few more may be able to chip in with the correct answer.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Yes. Controller profiles are copied back from the cloud, even when you migrate to a new computer.
Once I had a botched profile and the only way to solve it was to tinker with the local profiles and by disabling the network at the right moment I was able to force MSFS to notice a sync issue, after which it asked me nicely whether I wished to keep my local profile or the one in the cloud.
That solved it.
These days there is a tool for this on flightsim.to that might help to achieve this. I wish Asobo/MS included an option to see what is stored in the cloud and to allow you to reset or delete profiles there.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

11 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Once I had a botched profile and the only way to solve it was to tinker with the local profiles and by disabling the network at the right moment I was able to force MSFS to notice a sync issue, after which it asked me nicely whether I wished to keep my local profile or the one in the cloud. That solved it.
These days there is a tool for this on flightsim.to that might help to achieve this.

Can you remeber what that "right moment" was? I'd like to give it a try!

Do you have a link (or name) for that tool on flightsim.to? I can't seem to find anything like it 😉

Found it!
https://flightsim.to/file/27871/flight-simulator-2020-profile-reset-tools

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Can you remeber what that "right moment" was? I'd like to give it a try!

Do you have a link (or name) for that tool on flightsim.to? I can't seem to find anything like it 😉

Found it!
https://flightsim.to/file/27871/flight-simulator-2020-profile-reset-tools

That's the tool indeed. That tool automates things but I haven't tried it myself since it did not exist yet when I had my issues.

Syncing from/to the cloud happens very early in the startup process. You can probably disconnect the netwerk just after starting MSFS and reconnect when the World Update slideshow is running.
You can then make changes within MSFS but I also deleted quite a lot of profiles from my harddrive.
(these are located in C:\users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wexxxxxxxx\SystemAppData\wgs\...).

There are a lot of subfolders there and a file without an extention in there with hexadecimal characters. These are actually XML files and can be read with a text editor like notepad.
They contain the name of the controller and profile name in MSFS as well as all the settings. In fact, you can modify the settings here if you want.

I first copied everything in here to a safe place and then I deleted the ones for old controllers I no longer used and did not even show up in MSFS anymore but were still synced every time. I also made sure to edit a few of them to force MSFS to see that they had a different modification date than those in the cloud. 

After tweaking those files (and perhaps making changes to the profiles in MSFS as well, don't remember) I started MSFS normally and I received a popup with a warning that there was a sync error because there was a difference between the data on my local harddrive and my cloud data. It asked me which one I wanted to keep.
If you want to replace your cloud data off course you choose to keep your local data. After that it syncs the profiles and that should be it.

I had to try more than once but there wasn't much written about this so I had to figure it out for myself. Hopefully you can do it in one try.
(And perhaps the Profile Reset tool makes the whole process so much easier)

Edited by orchestra_nl

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

12 hours ago, Speeed said:

This happened out of nowhere -

My setup is an X52 stick and throttle that worked perfectly 2 days ago. I made not changes to the setup. I will use the Cessna 172 in my explanation.

When sitting on the runway with the engine on the engine runs perfectly. When I power up and begin the take off run, the engine throttle is reduced without input throttle input. When I attempt to increase throttle, the cockpit throttle goes haywire as if it is receiving input from somewhere else and is wrestling with my own inputs. The mixture knob does the same.

I tried resetting control settings, resetting my X52, checking for control conflicts, etc. I even tired disconnecting the X52 and controlling with the keyboard,etc. I explored all possible key conflicts, the joystick works fine in all other sims.

There is a setting somewhere, that is interfering with the throttle. I am at wit's end here. As I stated, this came out of nowhere. This is super frustrating. Any ideas?

Just in case check you assistance options, piloting section and make sure assisted takeoff is turned off.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I had exactly the same fault. I found to my astonishment that in my rudder assignments there was one for throttle!!! So on take off when you move rudder pedals a bit roughly the throttle went to off.  I have only tried it a couple of times since but so far so good.