Sign in to follow this  
Matt Sdeel

Will an i7-8700k cpu work ok with a 3060 ti gpu?

I don't overclock and this will be for MSFS. Will one bottleneck the other?  Any compatibility issues? Thank you.

Yep, will work fine.  Trying to push ultra settings will end in dissapointment, so you will just need to make sure you begin your setting adjustments towards the low to medium  and then adjust from there.

5 hours ago, Matt Sdeel said:

I don't overclock and this will be for MSFS. Will one bottleneck the other?  Any compatibility issues? Thank you.

Was my CPU for a long time with a 1080ti, great CPU, it will perform well with a 3060 ti but not as good as last gen CPU you will not get the the max you could get from the GPU. Upgrade when you can.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I have an i7-8700k running a GTX 1070 ti series card, 32 GB of RAM, and a 620-watt Seasonic power supply. Does it make sense to upgrade to a PNY 3060 ti?

I'd like to check out ray tracing and DLSS. I have the smaller micro-atx case and I can't fit a 3-fan gpu card (the PNY 3060 ti only has 2 fans). Will I see improved graphics in the 3060 ti over my current GTX 1070 ti?

I was also looking at the 3060 which has more memory 12 gb vs 8 gb on the 3060 ti. Apparently, the "3060 ti" is supposedly a better buy than the "3060", but I'm not sure if that's true also if the 3060 ti is used with MSFS.

Hey Matt

It would sure help if you told us what screen resolution you intend to use.

• Upvote 1

I9 12900K @5.2Ghz  64 GB DDR4, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro, 15 TB on 5 SSD's

On 7/1/2023 at 1:42 PM, Harold_Finch said:

Hey Matt

It would sure help if you told us what screen resolution you intend to use.

@Harold_Finch and @lownslo the screen resolution is 2560 x 1440, this monitor: Screen resolution is 2560 x 1440 (Amazon.com: Dell Gaming S2716DGR 27.0" QHD Wide 1440p Screen LED-Lit Monitor with G-SYNC : Electronics). The CPU is i7-8700k not overclocked, with 32 GB of RAM. I'm using a PNY 1070 ti gpu. Does a PNY 3060 ti gpu upgrade make sense if I want to checkout RTX and DLSS?

Apologies for the slow response.