Hey guys, I'm new here and have a quick question. 

I've been playing and enjoying MSFS 2020 on my xbox series s for just over 18 months. Due to life, I haven't been able to play for a couple of months and today when I switched on, I was presented with a mandatory update of around 989 GB's. I only have 139GB' S free on my xbox hard drive. My console is a dedicated MSFS console so I have no other content installed. 

Is there any way I can skip the mandatory update and continue playing "out of date" so to speak? 

I am feeling like I have to now invest in some significant external storage which I am disappointed about as I was happy with the game content prior to being forced into updating! 

Is anyone else feeling the same way? I opted for the xbox version because I couldn't afford an out and out gaming PC but now left wondering what my options are. 

Can anyone please help? 

Thanks in advance. 

Dave

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DaveNoddy said:

Hey guys, I'm new here and have a quick question. 

I've been playing and enjoying MSFS 2020 on my xbox series s for just over 18 months. Due to life, I haven't been able to play for a couple of months and today when I switched on, I was presented with a mandatory update of around 989 GB's. I only have 139GB' S free on my xbox hard drive. My console is a dedicated MSFS console so I have no other content installed. 

Is there any way I can skip the mandatory update and continue playing "out of date" so to speak? 

I am feeling like I have to now invest in some significant external storage which I am disappointed about as I was happy with the game content prior to being forced into updating! 

Is anyone else feeling the same way? I opted for the xbox version because I couldn't afford an out and out gaming PC but now left wondering what my options are. 

Can anyone please help? 

Thanks in advance. 

Dave

I'd try uninstalling then reinstalling. My MSFS even with hundreds of addons isn't 1 TB

• Like 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

On 7/2/2023 at 8:09 AM, DaveNoddy said:

I was presented with a mandatory update of around 989 GB's.

Thanks, Dave.  I haven't updated in a very long time and I was wondering what would happen the next time I booted MSFS.  It looks like they would feed you every update you missed, one at a time.  It would probably apply each one in order, one at a time, so you wouldn't have to have that much drive space.  You would, however, have to have that much bandwidth.  Your ISP might not be happy, and who knows how long it would take.

On 7/2/2023 at 8:33 AM, z06z33 said:

I'd try uninstalling then reinstalling.

This would be the best way to go.  Thanks.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Welcome,

Almost a terabyte sounds like a bug. Like other suggested I’d delete and reinstall. 

If you’re interested, FS2024 the next version will be much smaller and lots of the content will stream from the cloud only when you need it. So the installed size will be a lot smaller. 

On 7/2/2023 at 2:33 PM, z06z33 said:

I'd try uninstalling then reinstalling. My MSFS even with hundreds of addons isn't 1 TB

Mine is nearly full. If you’ve got lots of dlc plus all the orbx mesh SA and Himalayas are both huge etc it’s easy enough to fill up your Xbox. The trouble is you can’t run an external disk with part of a game either.

Hopefully FS2024 with more cloud elements will take up less space. 

Edited by g-liner

989 GB's??? Something is amiss!! No Way for Real. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's