Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

exact number of planes at each airport

Hello. I have a question and I would like to know if it is possible to solve it: When I arrive at an airport, where psxt_Learner has previously done its work, I find that the planes are indeed parked as they have been in real life. But, due to the percentage of "parked aircraft" (live and static), many times, some spots are filled with aircraft that are not actually there. It is difficult to know the exact percentage that would correspond to the exact and real occupancy of planes at the airport. Is there a way to only have the planes that should be without new injections to complete the chosen percentage? In the same way, if the percentage is lower and there are more planes in reality, could PSXT inject the missing ones?

Are you questions about the Learn destination mode in PSXT? I guess you are:

Is there a way to only have the planes that should be without new injections to complete the chosen percentage?
Not at the moment, but could be aded as an option.

In the same way, if the percentage is lower and there are more planes in reality, could PSXT inject the missing ones?
Not with static parked planes because PSXT does not have that info, but live aircraft may appear at these place gradually.

Edited by kiek

3 hours ago, kiek said:

Are you questions about the Learn destination mode in PSXT? I guess you are:

Is there a way to only have the planes that should be without new injections to complete the chosen percentage?
Not at the moment, but could be aded as an option.

In the same way, if the percentage is lower and there are more planes in reality, could PSXT inject the missing ones?
Not with static parked planes because PSXT does not have that info, but live aircraft may appear at these place gradually.

Oh, so the first option could work!.

That would mean that if I arrive at an airport, which I have, for example, at 30 percent percentage, but at that moment in real life, it is at 15 percent, could PSXT show only the planes that are there without completing 30? percent? On the other hand, if Realtraffic, in conjunction with PSXT_Learner for MSFS, has been collecting data from planes arriving and departing from the destination airport. Why would it be difficult for PSXT to add those that exceed the chosen percentage? It is assumed that these data are already available. No? Thank you very much for reading my proposal!

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

Why would it be difficult for PSXT to add those that exceed the chosen percentage? It is assumed that these data are already available. 

Everything that is available is in the snapshot that PSXT_Learner creates when PSXT tells him to stop learning. All the aircraft in the snapshot are spawned irrespective of the parking percentage. You can check the snapshot yourself.

Btw no one else responds to posts from you about destination learning. Are you the only one usung this function? If so that would be too bad...

Edited by kiek

2 hours ago, kiek said:

Everything that is available is in the snapshot that PSXT_Learner creates when PSXT tells him to stop learning. All the aircraft in the snapshot are spawned irrespective of the parking percentage. You can check the snapshot yourself.

Btw no one else responds to posts from you about destination learning. Are you the only one usung this function? If so that would be too bad...

I appreciate your response.
I don't know if I'm the only one using "PSXT_Learner". The fact that people do not post messages here does not mean in any case that they are not using it. That conclusion would be very simple.
In any case, if it was just me...would that deserve the punishment?
I only pay for the Realtraffic professional license, to be able to have that little extra in the parking lot.
Does that cause any discomfort?

15 hours ago, kiek said:

Hold on, just because I haven't responded doesn't mean I don't use PSXT Learner - I certainly use it less, but there are still some airports for which I will continue to use it periodically.

I suspect the introduction of PSXTraffic has reduced PSXT Learner usage dramatically, but we all know there are still airports (some of which are large hub airports) where PSXTraffic doesn't adequately provide parked aircraft. I understand this is through no fault of PSXTraffic, but with PSXT Learner for those exception airports and the ability to use a Learned airport file with PSXTraffic, I think we have the perfect world.

• Like 2

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

7 hours ago, somiller said:

Hold on, just because I haven't responded doesn't mean I don't use PSXT Learner - I certainly use it less, but there are still some airports for which I will continue to use it periodically.

I suspect the introduction of PSXTraffic has reduced PSXT Learner usage dramatically, but we all know there are still airports (some of which are large hub airports) where PSXTraffic doesn't adequately provide parked aircraft. I understand this is through no fault of PSXTraffic, but with PSXT Learner for those exception airports, and the ability to use a Learned airport file with PSXTraffic I think we have the perfect world.

Ditto and fully agreed.

5 hours ago, mmcmah said:

Ditto and fully agreed.

Hi guys,

I don't see why PSXT_Learner would help flying to airports that perform badly in PSXTraffic...(KDTW)

If there is less gnd traffic reaching gates, PSXT_Learner (now always and only in  Learn destination mode, you know) will not find many park options. It does real learning only, if I remember well ( I am now not at my pc).

You can only learn KDTW with PSXT, by visiting the airport many days/weeks.

PSXT_Learner is handy at airports that do have gnd traffic, for users like abranpuko, that go for the extra mile in immersion.

I often add in my own custom parking to the airport xml files and then further populate those spots with proper static traffic that I know commonly use those specific spots.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

9 hours ago, kiek said:

Hi guys,

I don't see why PSXT_Learner would help flying to airports that perform badly in PSXTraffic...(KDTW)

If there is less gnd traffic reaching gates, PSXT_Learner (now always and only in  Learn destination mode, you know) will not find many park options. It does real learning only, if I remember well ( I am now not at my pc).

PSXT_Learner is handy at airports that do have gnd traffic, for users like abranpuko, that go for the extra mile in immersion.

Thanks Kiek for your advice. What I don't understand is, why before PSXTraffic appeared, Learner was a great tool and the comments were very good, and suddenly, after the new PSXTraffic program, everything that is said about PSXT and Learner is bad. I am still delighted with the use of Learner that you have invented as a tool. Not to go to airports where there is no coverage, like the one you cite: KDTW, but many others where it is very very useful and certainly, with a great touch of realism. Those of us who are part of the minority appreciate, for sure, that there are several options in life to choose from. (if these do not cause harm to anyone, as is the case).

22 hours ago, kiek said:

Hi guys,

I must've missed that memo...or wishful thinking led me to forget about it. In this case Learner is useless to me.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

9 hours ago, somiller said:

I must've missed that memo...or wishful thinking led me to forget about it. In this case Learner is useless to me.

Always read the Release notes, see this from the PSXT release notes:

June 29, major version 39.0.0

The separate Learner program can now be used in learn destination mode only. This is to reduce the stress at the RT servers by Learner applications running 24/7.
Note that you can learn airports with PSXT too. And there is now a better solution: PSXTraffic.