Sign in to follow this  
merlin_66

Lack of trainee pilot in Harvard model

I know in MSFS 2020 that Asobo built aircraft do not allow the trainee/guest to be added to the Harvard or the Mustang (There are probably others). The Harvard was a training aircraft so unusual not to see a body in the rear seat.

Tom Cruise's Mustang has a back seat for guests.... OK, but can someone tell me how to set up a camera view so that it looks like you may be in the rear seat and looking over/ around the guy in the front seat??

Ok,

Just watched a couple of video's which cover the repositioning of custom cameras.

Unfortunately this seems to involve modification of the camera.cfg file. This doesn't appear in any of the Asobo models I'm looking at.

I'm trying to add a camera position which would represent a passenger in the rear of the Asobo T6/ Harvard. There seems to be a complete instrument panel etc so it would look good. I can't find any camera.cfg files in any of the T6 models! Any ideas???

spacer.png

I think I may have found the answer - The Harvard and P51 are in the Official folder not the Community folder, Stay tuned!

• Like 1

Setting the eye position to -13.5, 0, 1.3 in the Asobo T6/Harvard puts you in the rear seat position. There's a full instrument panel back there!!

Unfortunately the added roll bar spoils the view, and there's no image of the rear of the student (Can a pilot be added?????)

(My wife wanted to fly with Tom Cruise in his Mustang....the rear "seat" eye position is -11, 0, 1.1)

Feedback welcome.

spacer.png

A quick way to do this in future is to set up a custom camera view inside the sim and save it.  You set the view using the arrow keys plus a few combinations - it is what I do.
Note you have to use the top numeric keys, not the ones on the keypad.  And pressing 'F' will always get you back to the default view if you get lost!  :smile:

Looks like you probably need to use RIGHT ALT + DOWN to move backwards to the rear seat, then the other keys to tweak the position. 
I also use the right mouse button and move the mouse slightly to set the view angle.

Most default views are not to my liking, as I like to sit a little bit raised, then alter my head viewing angle down a bit (using right mouse) so I can still see critical instruments. 

I always save this as CTRL + ALT + 1 in each aircraft, because it remembers the aircraft views independently, so these setting won't affect any other aircraft in the sim.  I then have two buttons set on my joystick, one to load my custom view (ALT + 1), and also 'F'' to switch back to default at any time.  Works a treat! 

I think if you get to know it, MSFS actually has a good camera system.

Cockpit Camera

Load Custom Camera 0 - ALT + 0
Load Custom Camera 1 - ALT + 1
Load Custom Camera 2 - ALT + 2
Load Custom Camera 3 - ALT + 3
Load Custom Camera 4 - ALT + 4
Load Custom Camera 5 - ALT + 5
Load Custom Camera 6 - ALT + 6
Load Custom Camera 7 - ALT + 7
Load Custom Camera 8 - ALT + 8
Load Custom Camera 9 - ALT + 9
Load Next Custom Camera - K
Load Previous Custom Camera - SHIFT + K 
Save Custom Camera 0 - CTRL + ALT + 0
Save Custom Camera 1 - CTRL + ALT + 1
Save Custom Camera 2 - CTRL + ALT + 2
Save Custom Camera 3 - CTRL + ALT + 3
Save Custom Camera 4 - CTRL + ALT + 4
Save Custom Camera 5 - CTRL + ALT + 5
Save Custom Camera 6 - CTRL + ALT + 6
Save Custom Camera 7 - CTRL + ALT + 7
Save Custom Camera 8 - CTRL + ALT + 8
Save Custom Camera 9 - CTRL + ALT + 9
Decrease Cockpit View Height - DOWN
Increase Cockpit View Height - UP
Translate Cockpit View Backward - RIGHT ALT + DOWN 
Translate Cockpit View Forward - RIGHT ALT + UP
Translate Cockpit View Left - LEFT
Translate Cockpit View Right - RIGHT

Cockpit Look Down - SHIFT + DOWN
Cockpit Look Left - SHIFT + LEFT
Cockpit Look Right - SHIFT + RIGHT
Cockpit Look Up - SHIFT + UP
Cockpit Quickview Up - CTRL + UP
Cockpit Quickview Rear - CTRL + DOWN
Cockpit Quickview Right - CTRL + RIGHT
Cockpit Quickview Left - CTRL + LEFT
Cockpit Quickview Cycle - Q
Reset Cockpit View - CTRL + Space / F
Cockpit View Upper - Space
Unzoom Cockpit View - -
Toggle Smart Camera - S
Zoom Cockpit View - =

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

On 7/14/2023 at 3:41 AM, merlin_66 said:
... OK, but can someone tell me how to set up a camera view so that it looks like you may be in the rear seat and looking over/ around the guy in the front seat??

Just select co-pilot.......

• Like 2

Very nice!

Don't understand your "select co-pilot" that's not an available option.

Bobcat, I used the same camera setting as you got a custom view from the rear seat position but couldn't save it!!

I'll try again today.

Anyone know how to get Tom in the front seat of the Mustang?spacer.png

10 minutes ago, merlin_66 said:

Very nice!

Don't understand your "select co-pilot" that's not an available option.

Bobcat, I used the same camera setting as you got a custom view from the rear seat position but couldn't save it!!

I'll try again today.

OK.  It has to be the left alt key, and the numbers on the top row, not the numbers on the keypad at the side, or it won't work.  I know it isn't easy, but you have to press all of the keys at the same time.

So, CTRL + ALT + 1 to save, and ALT + 1 to bring it back.  Good luck!  

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Bob,

The ALT plus DOWN key sequence (tried both the left and right ALT) doesn't work for me. The left ALT UP arrow just moves the camera slightly forward, the Right ALT doesn't change the UP/DOWN which work as expected. - no significant rear movement (tried the Harvard and the Mustang with the same result)

On another note: I see on the Mustang that I can't correct the initial altitude on the gauge. It seems to have a lower lock point of 29.47 whereas I need 28.94 to correct for the 900 ft altitude. Any ideas??

Thanks.

7 hours ago, merlin_66 said:

Very nice!

Don't understand your "select co-pilot" that's not an available option

As in ‘switch to co pilot position’ or something like that…

It’s a keyboard assignment.

Hmmm, OK

I'll have a look, see if I can find that.

(Different aircraft have different positions for the co-pilot - behind or by the side.........)

DD_Arthur,

The Co-pilot camera was not setup under Camera Controls.

I just used ALT-C to toggle the Co-pilot camera and YES!!!! it did work (as you showed) with the T6/Harvard.

Thanks for the help.

(Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with all aircraft - I assume the base model has to be designed to accommodate)

• Like 1