Sign in to follow this  
jcrider

Video: Virtual Reality Microsoft Flight Simulator for my Dad

11 hours ago, turbomax said:

I bought the HP reverb G2 already two years ago. resolution is higher; LCD screens with a resolution of 2160 x 2160 per eye. weight about the same. refresh rate (ONLY🤣 90 Hz) of 120 Hz means nothing if the pc doesn't deliver more than ca. 60 fps in VR anyway. so close to the release of their next model in September, I would have waited another 2 more months for the Quest 3 at $ 499.

Hi turbomax, I've heard and read some great things about the Reverb G2 and was torn between the two.

I'm planning on getting the Quest 3 when it comes out and will post a YouTube review about it soon after.  For now though, the Quest 2 is fantastic and has greatly improved the in-flight experience my Dad is having with Microsoft Flight Simulator. 🙂

Edited by jcrider
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, jcomm said:

Lucky dad !!!!

Thanks jcomm! He mentioned how having a feedback chair would be great in the video , so I'm now looking into what 'the best' feedback chair is and will post a review when/if I get one.

Night Mode sounds like a blue light filter. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.