Sign in to follow this  
Papacoach

tfdi 717 dyn light v5?

Recently picked up the 717 as a warm up to the MD-11. Either I am missing some files from ORBX or the 717 does not emit dynamic light externally. Can someone clarify what it is supposed to have for external lighting? An image of functional lighting would be great also. Thanks!

Edit- I'll add that the fx files do contain correct information to produce dyn spot lights. They simply aren't working correctly.

Edited by Papacoach

P3Dv5.4 / Win11: 22H2 / CPU: 10980K at 5.0GHz / Memory: 32Gb at 3600 MHz / GPU:  RTX 3090 / Display: Benq x3000i pj on Silver Ticket 110" screen

The exterior dynamic lights do work in V5, but not very well.  There are no interior dynamic lights, as the used Realight, which is not compatible with V5.  They are just textures but do not look very good.  I only fly it in daytime to avoid these issues with the 717.

• Like 1

Alan

27 minutes ago, exeodus said:

The exterior dynamic lights do work in V5, but not very well.  There are no interior dynamic lights, as the used Realight, which is not compatible with V5.  They are just textures but do not look very good.  I only fly it in daytime to avoid these issues with the 717.

Actually, Realight does work with P3Dv5--it had problems after v5 first released, but TFDi says it's compatible now.  It seems to work OK here.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I haven't had much time to work on it recently. Tfdi hasn't been any help, but I didn't expect much with their focus on development. Uninstalled making sure no files remained anywhere. Reinstalled with the original tfdi download didn't help. Transferred license to Orbx and tried everything there too..., verify files etc. Edited the fx files to increase brightness of the spot section, but no go. 

Hope to have more time this coming week. It is a fun aircraft to fly. It would be great to have it be complete.

I do appreciate both responses! Thank you.

btw, do you have this folder in your install? [Root Sim Folder]\SimObjects\Airplanes\TFDi_Design_717\Nightlighting 

Edited by Papacoach

P3Dv5.4 / Win11: 22H2 / CPU: 10980K at 5.0GHz / Memory: 32Gb at 3600 MHz / GPU:  RTX 3090 / Display: Benq x3000i pj on Silver Ticket 110" screen

I can't even get the 717 to work at all.  Every time I try to load a flight with it, P3Dv5 crashes no matter what I've tried.  I resorted to contacting TFDi for direct support and the support person that tried to help me remote accessed my pc (with my permission), he loaded P3D, selected the 717, loaded a flight and somehow for him the plane loaded up perfectly and he told me all is well.  I thought, finally I can fly it!  Nope!  As soon as he disconnected from my pc and ended the remote session, I loaded P3D myself, selected the plane, tried loading a flight and P3D immediately crashed again.  I couldn't believe it.  Why in gods name would the plane load perfectly for the support person but not for me???  I've given up on this plane and it makes me sad because I was really looking forward to flying it.

Edited by Kalnon