Sign in to follow this  
pinkyjr

KONT now available for P3Dv4.5+

1 hour ago, chapstick said:

Looks pretty bad tbh 

Really? What didn't you like about it? 

19 hours ago, pinkyjr said:

Really? What didn't you like about it? 

I think it chapsticks vote was too hard but yes, it looks like scenery we had some years ago and not that photorealistic like some sceneries are. Nevertheles it is a missing airport in the P3D world. I will get it sooner or later.

• Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

I belong to a P3D v5/6 Facebook group, and someone bought this scenery and posted screenshots of it. The ground textures around the terminal and cargo areas are all custom and looks very good, but just outside that area the taxiways, taxiway lines and runway look default to me.

Edited by Joseph29

48 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

I think it chapsticks vote was too hard but yes, it looks like scenery we had some years ago and not that photorealistic like some sceneries are. Nevertheles it is a missing airport in the P3D world. I will get it sooner or later.

I totally get it. My branding has always been functionality and performance over eye candy. But again, it would be difficult to judge just by a few non-edited screenshots. 

If you want to simulate having a White Mocha before boarding, my sceneries will not cut it. If you want an immersive environment without the need for SODE or ORBX, I may just have something for you.

Cheers!

David

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joseph29 said:

I belong to a P3D v5/6 Facebook group, and someone bought this scenery and posted screenshots of it. The ground textures around the terminal and cargo areas are all custom, but just outside that area the taxiways, taxiway lines and runway look default to me.

Actually no, all custom GPs with bumps, etc.... May have been outdated shots. The only zone I did not do custom GPs were the Nortwhest semi-abandoned hangars, since it seems to be dead for ops.

• Like 1

Considering all the developers that have jumped the P3D ship I say keep it up @pinkyjr. 

• Like 7

Vic green

2 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

Considering all the developers that have jumped the P3D ship I say keep it up @pinkyjr. 

Yeah not that many of us left. I will keep developing as long as my commercial customers are still using P3D, and that will be for a while!

• Like 7

19 hours ago, pinkyjr said:

Yeah not that many of us left. I will keep developing as long as my commercial customers are still using P3D, and that will be for a while!

It looks quite good to me. I have tinkered with scenery development myself for FSX and briefly P3D and I know it requires devotion of time and patience. The scenery is better than anything I can do, so having another P3D scenery especially in California is a welcome bonus. I will be looking to acquire the scenery as soon as I have finished my RTW flights in my 737 Max and then I will be switching over to 747F ops. Perhaps a nice run between KONT and PANC would be appropriate.

A quick question or two- does a GSX profile come with the scenery and what texture resolution would you recommend?

Keep up the good work. Thank you for thinking about us. It is still appreciated. 👏

Cheers,

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

2 hours ago, 787flyer said:

It looks quite good to me. I have tinkered with scenery development myself for FSX and briefly P3D and I know it requires devotion of time and patience. The scenery is better than anything I can do, so having another P3D scenery especially in California is a welcome bonus. I will be looking to acquire the scenery as soon as I have finished my RTW flights in my 737 Max and then I will be switching over to 747F ops. Perhaps a nice run between KONT and PANC would be appropriate.

A quick question or two- does a GSX profile come with the scenery and what texture resolution would you recommend?

Keep up the good work. Thank you for thinking about us. It is still appreciated. 👏

Cheers,

Mark

Hi and thanks for the feedback!

I did not include a GSX profile as everyone likes to place things to their own preference. I myself just started using GSX and its pretty cool, but since I mostly fly PMDG 737 I use their native ground support most of the time. 

Plenty of parking for that 747 at the UPS and auxiliary South ramp!

🙂

I got this scenery today and installed it in P3D5.4.

In v5 it is definitely not ok. It should work in v5 according to the description. But it seems not to be adapted to v5 at all (bad alignements, bad performance due to default scenery bleeding through, not compiled for v5...)

I fixed it and now it's much better.

A bad impression I got from my first Photorico scenery. 

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

On 8/11/2023 at 2:55 PM, blaunarwal said:

I got this scenery today and installed it in P3D5.4.

In v5 it is definitely not ok. It should work in v5 according to the description. But it seems not to be adapted to v5 at all (bad alignements, bad performance due to default scenery bleeding through, not compiled for v5...)

I fixed it and now it's much better.

A bad impression I got from my first Photorico scenery. 

Hi. The issue you had was as a result of an update I did last weekend to separate the AFD form the scenery object bgl. As a result, I mistakenly packed the wrong version files into the scenery installer. 

I sent you a link to a new installer yesterday, and Simmarket library is being updated as we speak.Those who have the original v5 installation don't have that problem.

I apologize for your troubles, trust me that wasn't the intent.

David

20 hours ago, pinkyjr said:

Hi. The issue you had was as a result of an update I did last weekend to separate the AFD form the scenery object bgl. As a result, I mistakenly packed the wrong version files into the scenery installer. 

I sent you a link to a new installer yesterday, and Simmarket library is being updated as we speak.Those who have the original v5 installation don't have that problem.

I apologize for your troubles, trust me that wasn't the intent.

David

Hi David

I installed the v5 version and it's much better. I could implement my improvements from before. I worked a lot on perfecting taxiways, which are now in the AFCAD I use. I was also able to use your jetbridges, which somehow dissappeared always, when changing the afcad. I had to save the afcad as .xml and could then exchange the Jetbridge GUID with a text editor (Notepad++). Now everything is fine.

Thanks for the excellent customer service.

Dan