Sign in to follow this  
737_800

GAYA EDDM ????

Any info out there? I have written an mail to them over a week ago, but haven't gotten any response yet. Maybe I am just not soo smart, since I have been waiting for it since their announcement 2 years ago. SimWings looks good too, however, if they keep the detail and new technology as in the new LOWI scenery it would be worth waiting, I guess. However, we just even don't know if it will ever be released or if they are working at it at all. LEBL the same, announced at their webpage, but nothing else.

A long time ago they replied to a comment on their Facebook page that they cannot talk about EDDM "for business reasons". To me that indicated that they somehow sold the project or the developer(s) left Gaya and are working on their own now. Since they've been working directly for Microsoft/Asobo on some of the World Update stuff, I figured maybe it's gonna come as some kind of City or World Update.

About a 8 months ago they replied again to a question about EDDM: "Munich will see light. But not under the Gaya brand". I think that's the latest.

• Like 1

Thank you, sir. I think then I will be waiting. Even thought, it's a pain not not having munich in the sim.

So why hold your breath for something you even not know when or under what label and in which quality if ever will come? You could fly into Munich for a year already in a very good rendition and it even got a big update not long ago. Is there anything special you miss from the simwings offering?

Cheers T.

4 minutes ago, Torsen said:

Is there anything special you miss from the simwings offering?

There's nothing special about Sim-wings' scenery when you compare against the very best scenery developers' projects (e.g. Pyreegue, Flightbeam, etc.)

It's perfectly adequate, but I never find myself clicking on the purchase button for their stuff.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

7 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

There's nothing special about Sim-wings' scenery when you compare against the very best scenery developers' projects (e.g. Pyreegue, Flightbeam, etc.)

It's perfectly adequate, but I never find myself clicking on the purchase button for their stuff.

You are of course right but sadly if we would have to wait for Pyreegue, Flightbeam or FlyTampa to develop all the airports in the world, we would probably be dead before having 30 of them.

Those are of course my favourite devs with Jo Erlend but I also buy some sceneries from others devs when I really want one for that airport.

1 hour ago, 737_800 said:

Thank you, sir. I think then I will be waiting. Even thought, it's a pain not not having munich in the sim.

What are you on about? You must be flying some other sim - I have a perfectly fine EDDM in MSFS 2020 by SimWings. Looks good. Not too heavy on frame rates. 

• Like 1

I am aware of SimWings EDDM. However, I am buying all airports only once. If there is a chance we get a better rendation would wait. Gaya is good but I don't like their ground textures on the LOWW Scenery, however, they showed off some pictures of LOWI which looks excellent. When they would do EDDM in that quality, it would be better than the Simwings. I have SimWings EDDH and it's quite heavy on fps and some stuff on the airport is missing.

Steve said there is a chance they could bring it within one sim update, what is IMHO not likely since there is already a payware rendation and ASOBO used to render rather smaller airports (expect LSZH). I don't count EDDS because this one was missing completly in the first version.

I was also waiting for Gaya's version to compare it to SimWings and then purchase whichever I liked best, but ended up purchasing the SimWings version. EDDM is my home airport and I live close by. SimWings did a really good job. It may not be able to compete with the best of the best out there, but it is by no means bad at all. It was also recently updated to reflect real world construction. Performance is good for me, especially for an airport this size (I'm running at 1440p on an RTX2060 with 6GB VRAM). 

As for Gaya's EDDM - and this is pure speculation on my part - I suspect it may become part of FS2024. Maybe one of the handcrafted airports as part of a Premium Deluxe version if MS decides to go that route with FS2024. The official word from Gaya as per their Facebook is "We cannot talk about EDDM for business reasons. It's coming, but not under the Gaya brand". If MS/Asobo bought it, it would make sense that they are not able to talk about it. Gaya has done a lot of work directly for MS/Asobo with POIs and airports. I believe they did LSZH for the Switzerland update. I also seem to remember a thread here with people complaining about the quality of LSZH not being up to Gaya's usual standards. So if they sold EDDM to MS/Asobo, it's unclear what level of detail we can expect and if it'll be better than SimWings. 

Yes, they did LSZH. The quality is good but the performance is pretty bad. I think your speculation goes into the right direction. It would also make sense that they don't answer my mail. However, they have other upcoming airports on their website either, like Barcelona, Stansted and  Rio. The question remains if these airports are going to be included in MSFS 2024 either? I haven't seen or read ANYTHING about LEBL, EGSS or Rio so far.