Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Just lost settings, binding etc

I started MSFS and it did an update of like 22G. I made sure it was pointing to my actual install location which it was.

I finally load in and all of my camera, graphics, keyboard bindings etc are complete gone. 

I've disabled all of my addons (addonlinker), signed in and out of xbox, restarted my PC etc and nothing is working.

Any ideas on how I should proceed? 

Regards

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

What was the 22 gb update?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I started MSFS and it did an update of like 22G. I made sure it was pointing to my actual install location which it was.

I finally load in and all of my camera, graphics, keyboard bindings etc are complete gone. 

I've disabled all of my addons (addonlinker), signed in and out of xbox, restarted my PC etc and nothing is working.

Any ideas on how I should proceed? 

Regards

I thought controller profiles were automatically saved in the "cloud". My understanding is those setting are in a folder called wgs which on a standard MSFS install is located at C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\ 

You could try renaming that file to temporarily disable it and then start the sim and see if the file is recreated from the "cloud".

Al

Edited by ark

8 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

What was the 22 gb update?

Im pretty sure I accidentally entered safe mode. Then I realized it and quickly did an AltF4. When I restarted the sim it asked to update. It seems that the update put everything back into the sim that I previously uninstalled like all of the default livery’s etc. 

Could the sim be always starting in safe mode and I’m not realizing it ? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Could my issues be related to the recent server issues from Asobo? 

Ron Hamilton

Try to log out from your Xbox account and log in again from within the game, that usually solves problems with the cloud.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

8 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Try to log out from your Xbox account and log in again from within the game, that usually solves problems with the cloud.

I did that, no luck. 

I've rebound everything so I guess that’s the fix for me !

Ron Hamilton

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I did that, no luck. 

I've rebound everything so I guess that’s the fix for me !

Now that you have everything set up again I suggest you make a copy of your wgs file and save it somewhere "just in case....".