Sign in to follow this  

6 hours ago, falcon71 said:

The KLN 90B is available for aircraft authors here:

https://github.com/falcon71/kln90b

The KLN 900 is very similar to the the 90B and I would be willing to make the necessary adjustments to simulate the 900, if there is demand by aircraft authors.

So will Milviz use that mod under the GPL  and so commit to ensuring it remains compatible with future MSFS versions and feeding back any changes they release to the open source codebase ?

Or perhaps once more they'll just slap in some default MSFS avionics and put a paragraph on the manual saying if you want to try using the mod you can but they'll do nothing to help ?

Edited by Matchstick

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

So will Milviz use that mod under the GPL  and so commit to ensuring it remains compatible with future MSFS versions and feeding back any changes they release to the open source codebase ?

Or perhaps once more they'll just slap in some default MSFS avionics and put a paragraph on the manual saying if you want to try using the mod you can but they'll do nothing to help ?

I was not approached by Milviz/Blackbird, so I do not know their intentions. But yes, either of those options is available. I just hope that they are aware that there is an accurate open source KLN available if they have not developed their own solution.

24 minutes ago, falcon71 said:

I was not approached by Milviz/Blackbird, so I do not know their intentions. But yes, either of those options is available. I just hope that they are aware that there is an accurate open source KLN available if they have not developed their own solution.

Right now I don't have much confidence in Milviz going the extra step to ensure accurate avionics, but I hope they can prove me wrong.

On 8/18/2023 at 12:01 PM, regis9 said:

I don’t really buy into the complaints about military aircraft in a civilian sim, but isn’t the Texan II mostly used for basic training?  Do weapons systems and the ability to fire weapons actually matter on an aircraft like this?

The US military trainers are completely unarmed. 

there is/was an armed version developed & flown for a completely different program, but it wasn’t chosen. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

The US military trainers are completely unarmed. 

there is/was an armed version developed & flown for a completely different program, but it wasn’t chosen. 

That’s what I was thinking…the Canadian one is unarmed too, used as a basic trainer so the whole weapons thing really is moot for this aircraft.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 8/25/2023 at 8:35 AM, Captain Blackbird said:

Happy Friday everyone! We just partnered with FSElite to bring you guys some exclusive shots of our upcoming T6A + some nifty little details about what you can expect with the aircraft. 

"[The] T6A ADV will contain the highest fidelity flight model that they have created for MSFS. Of course, a claim like that is easily made, but BlackBird Simulations managed to back it up too. They stated that this aircraft simulation has been used by the USAF to train their future pilots"

Hmmm... Last I heard, USAF was using P3D for simulation (due to it's advantages for large scale multi-user, multi-domain training).

But if they took all that knowledge and transferred it to MSFS, that'd make for a great add-on even tho the T-6A is incredibly simple to operate.

If they've really done this up with a Hi-Fi CFD/NPS/SBS flight model (which is kinda what they did in their ADV addons for P3D), it will be absolutely sublime...

Next Stop: T-38C for MSFS!!! (another "ADV" add-on they made for the USAF).

Edited by UrgentSiesta

6 hours ago, regis9 said:

That’s what I was thinking…the Canadian one is unarmed too, used as a basic trainer so the whole weapons thing really is moot for this aircraft.

Yep. It's a high performance turboprop primary trainer, no weps needed to learn to fly 🙂

USN/USMC get weps training in T-45 Goshawk, USAF does it in T-38C, and soon in the T-7 RedHawk. Interestingly, the T-38C carries no weapons or training rounds at all, and the combat is conducted with virtual "weapons".

And speaking of the T-45, they made that for the USN, too, and then licensed the model to IFT for MSFS. Would love it if they released an ADV of THAT one. 🙂 

Edited by UrgentSiesta

Anyone flying the Blackbird DHC-2 using the GNS 530/430 GPS & the Bendix/King KAP 140 AP, & able to get the aircraft to follow the magenta line when AP set to NAV?

I can't & can't figure out why.

Follows HDG ok, but not NAV, even when planted on the magenta  line. Using NAV, at the first FPlan 'turn' it keeps going straight.

& also, does the DHC-2 take the TDS GTNXi GPS?

T45

Are there any T6A pilots here? 

We're fine tuning our bird as we speak, and we need some more pilots to give it a whirl in testing. 

If you guys know anyone please send them our way and shoot an email to support@blackbirdsims.com !

We'd love to work with you guys, cheers!

Happy Friday everyone! Here is a peak inside our upcoming T6A ADV's cockpit! We're full steam ahead finalizing this bird, and can't wait for you guys to experience it🔥

spacer.pngspacer.png
Edited by Slayer68
  • Like 2

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png

On 8/26/2023 at 3:58 PM, UrgentSiesta said:

"[The] T6A ADV will contain the highest fidelity flight model that they have created for MSFS. Of course, a claim like that is easily made, but BlackBird Simulations managed to back it up too. They stated that this aircraft simulation has been used by the USAF to train their future pilots"

Hmmm... Last I heard, USAF was using P3D for simulation (due to it's advantages for large scale multi-user, multi-domain training).

But if they took all that knowledge and transferred it to MSFS, that'd make for a great add-on even tho the T-6A is incredibly simple to operate.

If they've really done this up with a Hi-Fi CFD/NPS/SBS flight model (which is kinda what they did in their ADV addons for P3D), it will be absolutely sublime...

Next Stop: T-38C for MSFS!!! (another "ADV" add-on they made for the USAF).

The flight model will be direct from P3D and adapted into MSFS - Since it is an external FM it should be 99% the same. The next answer is no, there is no external program that runs. Everything will happen within the confines of the sim.

• Like 1

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png

Looking forward to seeing some of these roll out of the hangar.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU