Sign in to follow this  

On 3/11/2024 at 1:10 PM, Fielder said:

Are these guys in any way affiliated with Blackbird Simulations?  They offer amazingly detailed views of the aircraft!

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Are these guys in any way affiliated with Blackbird Simulations?  They offer amazingly detailed views of the aircraft!

Yes.  They are affiliated to Blackbird (MilViz).  The name separation is due to them offering aircraft lighter on system detail than the Blackbird products, so I think it is the right thing to do. 

I don't mind light products anyway as I don't have time to have every aircraft at study level with all the reading of the manuals etc.

In fact, I have had a lot of enjoyment out of some of the Carenado aircraft, which don't need deep systems anyway, such as the C337 and the recent 207.  Sim snobs can shoot me!  :biggrin:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I don't think I've ever heard this guy as underwhelmed by an add on as this. He's normally overly impressed by pretty much anything.  

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Slightly too 'rivety' for me. Aren't they supposed to be flush ?

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

It is a really beautiful plane (I am on the beta team) and fun to fly. I enjoy it especially in VR, it can make you dizzy to fly over a hill at low altitude with 450 Kts. It is a Shrike product, they do not aim for system depth, and this will for sure be reflected in the price (which I don't know yet). However, as the video shows, you can start from cold and dark and you have some systems to play with.

Like fighter jets in general, you need to be careful with the throttle on approach and not drop velocity too much, otherwise it will take too much time for the engine to develop power again to get out of stall conditions. I really enjoy flying the F86 for fun and tend to use outside view much more than with other planes, simply because it is such a gorgeous model.

Peter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, qqwertz said:

It is a really beautiful plane (I am on the beta team) and fun to fly. I enjoy it especially in VR, it can make you dizzy to fly over a hill at low altitude with 450 Kts. It is a Shrike product, they do not aim for system depth, and this will for sure be reflected in the price (which I don't know yet). However, as the video shows, you can start from cold and dark and you have some systems to play with.

Like fighter jets in general, you need to be careful with the throttle on approach and not drop velocity too much, otherwise it will take too much time for the engine to develop power again to get out of stall conditions. I really enjoy flying the F86 for fun and tend to use outside view much more than with other planes, simply because it is such a gorgeous model.

Peter

$19.95 USD.  About where I expected it to be.

@St Mawgan  He reviewed it because it was sent to him, but as he says in the video, he doesn't really like military jets in the sim; he doesn't see the point of them, so he isn't too enthusiastic.

I wasn't to impressed with his review though actually.  It was a bit sloppy, maybe because he didn't care much for it.  He is best leaving them if he doesn't care much for the product.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

10 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

$19.95 USD.  About where I expected it to be.

@St Mawgan  He reviewed it because it was sent to him, but as he says in the video, he doesn't really like military jets in the sim; he doesn't see the point of them, so he isn't too enthusiastic.

I wasn't to impressed with his review though actually.  It was a bit sloppy, maybe because he didn't care much for it.  He is best leaving them if he doesn't care much for the product.

Yes, it obviously didn't do anything for him. I actually find it quite refreshing that he has found an add on he is 'meh' about, but also honest enough not to say that it's wonderful anyway which is what he normally does. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

21 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

$@St Mawgan  He reviewed it because it was sent to him, but as he says in the video, he doesn't really like military jets in the sim; he doesn't see the point of them, so he isn't too enthusiastic.

I am actually in the same boat. I hardly fly military jets at all, but this one has grown on me because of its beauty. Also, it might be fun to develop some training missions for it. Think of a river run like in Top Gun Maverick. As I mentioned before, maneuvers and loop-the-loops in VR are absolutely stunning, gives you even more appreciation for what fighter pilots accomplish.

• Like 1