Sign in to follow this  
RobWhightNZ

Fenix A320 uncontrolled nose up on takeoff ?

All,

This is probably a "me" problem rather than a "Fenix A320" problem. (I've had same issue with V1 and recent upgrade to V2).

I run through the checklists, import flight plan from SimBrief, load aircraft via EFB, set performance as per EFB etc.. On take off, using TOGA, I am unable to keep the nose down despite full forward stick resulting in tailstrike and scenario closure. 

Initially, I thought it was because I was overloading the aircraft beyond MTOW but this is even happening on short flights. All controls are calibrate and working fine.

Any clues what I doing wrong ?

Cheers,
R

5 minutes ago, RobWhightNZ said:

unable to keep the nose down despite full forward stick resulting in tailstrike

Tell us how do you set the stabilizer trim?

19 minutes ago, RobWhightNZ said:

tailstrike

It could be a fast rotation problem. 
The rotation technique is similar on all fly-by-wire aircraft. To initiate the rotation, the flight crew performs a positive backward stick input. When the rotation is initiated, the flight crew achieves a rotation rate of approximately 3 °/s resulting in a continuous pitch increase. During the rotation, the aircraft liftoff occurs at approximately 10 ° of pitch, typically around 4 to 5 s after the initiation of the rotation. After the liftoff, the PF targets the required pitch attitude. To monitor the rotation, the PF uses the outside visual references. Once airborne, the PF controls the pitch attitude target on the PFD.

Appreciating your help. I'm not rotating at all. I have the stick fully forward all the way but despite this the nose comes up uncontrollably at about 80 knots+ in an uncontrolled way and just keeps going until I get tail strike. I'm at a speed where there is no way that I'll get lift off.

R

21 minutes ago, RobWhightNZ said:

All,

This is probably a "me" problem rather than a "Fenix A320" problem. (I've had same issue with V1 and recent upgrade to V2).

I run through the checklists, import flight plan from SimBrief, load aircraft via EFB, set performance as per EFB etc.. On take off, using TOGA, I am unable to keep the nose down despite full forward stick resulting in tailstrike and scenario closure. 

Initially, I thought it was because I was overloading the aircraft beyond MTOW but this is even happening on short flights. All controls are calibrate and working fine.

Any clues what I doing wrong ?

Cheers,
R

What controls are you using?

Have you gone into the controller setting in the sim then to the sensitivity area and moved them gently and watched how they react?

Reason I ask is that I have a Thrustmaster sidestick and used the twist axis for nosewheel steering, all of a sudden it became very erratic and when I looked at the sensitivity curve the slightest movement on the yaw axis would trigger huge spikes. It looks like while the Roll & Pitch axis have Hall Effect Sensors they cheeped out and put standard pots on the twist axis. Needless to say  mine are failing badly so I stopped using this axis as Nose Wheel Steering.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

OK. Honing in on something now. In the "FMC" calibration section, the side stick pitch is showing +8.81% (stick) when I have my Honeyconb Bravo yoke in "neutral". Have increased the null zone to 10% and now aircraft is showing 00.00% when the stick is showing 8.81%. I'll see how this goes now.

Think I've found it. The right throttle was linked to elevator in FSUIPC. Not sure how but has to be user error ! Thanks for your help.

R

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RobWhightNZ said:

Think I've found it

Good find, maybe more than one person could be useful in the future.

Cheers.