Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Insults, rudeness, astrodave and Phill Taylor

I have a bad feeling that the issue with Astrodave was, perhaps, not handled correctly. Was he really rude? While I agree that he shouldn't have blamed Phil for the perceived delay, I can't see what he said that was considered rude. Are we, now, going to consider misplaced blame, based on lack of knowledge, a rude behavior? Was his comment of "tumbs-down" really rude? Its really very subjective. (In fact, I thought it was a tease. Seriously!). We have to differentiate between rude and ignorance, which we all display at times.Phil has gotten a lot of abuse in this forum and many posts were really rude and unjust. In fact many times, I cringed and shook my head in disbelief at comments made about ACES and Phil. But Astrodaves comments was not, to me, one of those insults. The comment was, simply, the straw that broke the camel's back, but was not the cause of it. His comment while ignorant, was not an insult and came at the wrong time and place and exploded in his face. Lets assume I am wrong and his comments were indeed insulting. Some of you, Phil included, suggested that he may have just been frustrated and that an apology would have fixed the problem. Yet he was not given time to cool down and apologize. He was thrown out before the day was over. I say, lets give him a chance!As with other real nasty and rude posts, I beleive that the moderators in Avsim are much more active and hands on than any other forum sites that I visit. Yet this site gets the most immature/rude posts. I beleive that AVSIM is such an active site which attracts people who "need" attention (by being rude). Bigger Audience? That is why I agree with one of the above post that said we shouldn't engage these people and that engaging them would provide fuel for their fire. It would reward their cry for attention. Best startegy would be to stop replying to them when they are rude and reward them when they are nice!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

With all due respect, he did also start a new thread about the very same issue, and givin his past history in other threads (not to mentio other forums over several years), as you yourself pointed out, I feel it was his time and the action was in fact the last resort.That's just my own opinion though.

Best way to go is to take a deep breath and think about whether what you're taking the time to type in the box will require an apology later. If so, avoid it. Not really all that difficult. So tough noogies for someone who crossed the line. It was his choice after all, no one held a gun to his head and made him post. No one else is responsible for the results, including the mods here.

That is very correct, especially since he made 2 post in the same thread after his first comments....then proceeded to make an entirely new post about the same thing.I think he was given his chances right there to say nothing of any previous posts.He can always post in the halo or AA forums or similar if he wants to act like that. Not that I would want to condone that of course.

As far as I am concerned, when you sign on to the forums, you agree to our terms. Violate them and you are out of here. We have way too many happy users of this forum to let one or two sour it for all. Our mods did the right thing and that is the end of this discussion.