Sign in to follow this  
wan2fly99

Goflight hardware and FSX solution in ms2024

Anyboy have any comment on the way some people including myself to use FSX in Goflight.config and to fool MS2020 se see goflight hardware

Do you think this will for in MS2024 release

Hello,

Pollypot Software makes a tool that allows the GoFlight Modules to communicate with MSFS 2020, P3D, and X-Plane.  I use it on all three platforms to communicate with my MCPPro, EFIS, Landing Gear Module, and radio panel.

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

All that one has to do is run the "GFDevFSXSE.exe" file located in the GoFLight folder, usually C:\Program Files (x86)\GoFlight\. Been doing that for years with MSFS and doing it now with P3Dv6, except executing the "GFDevP3D.exe" instead. With MSFS you can even add it to the exe.xml file and it will load automatically upon sim startup. No need for anything else and all my modules (that are over 20 years old btw) work as expected.      

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I have a few Goflight button and switch panels and have no issue with them in MSFS 2020

Dave

reading about polypot seemed hard to do. Im using the fsx solution.

Just loke to know when msfs2024 comes out would that still work and still like to get polypot for a few hardware I have like the mcp-pro which is oartially working and the efis

May I suggest you read some very informative posts regarding setting up of GoFlight modules and MSFS in this thread here. Be patient to read almost until the end where a number of excellent tips will be offered.

This short sequence (out of memory) may help:

1. Install FSX + Acceleration
  2. Install GoFlight configuration (to be downloaded on their site) and set it on FSX
  3. Look for the GFDevFSX.exe file from the GoFlight folder (Programme Files (x86)/ GoFlight > GFDevFSX.exe) and create a shortcut on your desktop (or launch it automatically via Addon-Linker if you have it)
  4. Start MSFS
  5. Load your flight and start GFDevFSX.exe concurrently

Your GoFlight hardware will be recognised and will function as usual.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2,