Sign in to follow this  
Kalnon

Questions FS Global Ultimate 2024

Hello, I've been seriously considering purchasing FS Global Ultimate 2024 global mesh.  The footage and screenshots I've seen look absolutely stunning and on a whole new level compared to any other meshes I've seen out there and I want to take it to the next level.  I have some questions about the product and I would greatly appreciate if anyone can help inform me.

I've always used FreeMeshX 2.0 for global mesh and I also use the free Orbx meshes for Africa and South America since I have all Orbx global range of sceneries including Base, Vectors and all openLC's.  I also have some regional Orbx sceneries like Austrailia V2, North and South California, etc. which seem to come with their own meshes as well.  If I were to upgrade to FS Global Ultimate, I should disable all of these meshes for best results?  I know the FreeMeshX should be disabled or removed but the Orbx meshes I'm not sure about.  Currently I have the Orbx meshes take priority over FreeMeshX where Orbx meshes are installed.

I notice in the video they show on the store page for it, there seems to be a lot of land morphing going on.  While the mesh looks amazing, I don't know if I would be able to ignore all that going on all the time when I fly.   With the meshes I use now, I rarely see any land morphing.  does the FS Global Ultimate mesh really cause that much land morphing?

Thank you

Hello, 

I have installed it on my V6 and i like it , I was using FreeMesh , is it beter .. I do not know

I hope that they will propose some upgrades if needed....

I "fly" above Australia for the moment, north part and this is flat. ...

I also use the texture from ALeclercqCreations available on Facebook and these are GREAT ...

Hoop it helps

Regards

• Like 1

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Hello, 

I have installed it on my V6 and i like it , I was using FreeMesh , is it beter .. I do not know

I hope that they will propose some upgrades if needed....

I "fly" above Australia for the moment, north part and this is flat. ...

I also use the texture from ALeclercqCreations available on Facebook and these are GREAT ...

Hoop it helps

Regards

Thanks for your input.  I am still using P3Dv5.4 and I don't plan to upgrade to v6 for a long time yet.  Yeah Australia is probably not the best place to test the mesh.  Australia does look really awesome though with Orbx Australia V2 installed.

I never knew about those textures, thanks for the tip.

2 hours ago, Kalnon said:

I should disable all of these meshes for best results? 

No - no need. Prepar3D automatically uses the highest LOD available for the current  coordinates (independently of its position in the scenery library).

Enjoy this great mesh...

Gérard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gaab said:

No - no need. Prepar3D automatically uses the highest LOD available for the current  coordinates (independently of its position in the scenery library).

Enjoy this great mesh...

Gérard

Interesting, I did not know that.  Thanks for your input.  I always though P3D would use whichever mesh that has highest priority in the library.

If the entire world looks as amazing as the footage and pics I've seen, than I am certain I will enjoy it.

I am still worried about the terrain morphing though.  In the video I saw, it seems to happen a lot.  Does it happen a lot with this mesh?

Edited by Kalnon

5 hours ago, Kalnon said:

Thanks for your input.  I am still using P3Dv5.4 and I don't plan to upgrade to v6 for a long time yet.  Yeah Australia is probably not the best place to test the mesh.  Australia does look really awesome though with Orbx Australia V2 installed.

I never knew about those textures, thanks for the tip.

I have an earlier version and run it at 1m and the generally flat areas of Australia come to live far greater than orbx

Yep dont test it in northern Australia we only have mounds here not mountains

• Like 1

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

1 minute ago, jeansy said:

I have an earlier version and run it at 1m and the generally flat areas of Australia come to live far greater than orbx

Yep dont test it in northern Australia we only have mounds here not mountains

Good to know, thanks for your input.  If it can even make Australia look better than Orbx mesh does then I know it really must be good.

You may not have full fledged mountains there but the eastern coast of Australia does have some interesting terrain.  I've never been to Australia in rl but from my simulator it looks very beautiful and unique in it's own way.  I fly in Australia a often in P3D.

I like to use flight simulators not just as a tool for learning to fly but also as an exploration tool to explore the world in detail.  This is why I have so much Orbx scenery and I think adding FS Global Ultimate 20204 will greatly enhance the detail of the entire globe in P3D.  I'm always trying to find ways to make everywhere in the sim look as realistic and detailed as possible and this new mesh I think will help a lot.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kalnon said:

Good to know, thanks for your input.  If it can even make Australia look better than Orbx mesh does then I know it really must be good.

You may not have full fledged mountains there but the eastern coast of Australia does have some interesting terrain.  I've never been to Australia in rl but from my simulator it looks very beautiful and unique in it's own way.  I fly in Australia a often in P3D.

I like to use flight simulators not just as a tool for learning to fly but also as an exploration tool to explore the world in detail.  This is why I have so much Orbx scenery and I think adding FS Global Ultimate 20204 will greatly enhance the detail of the entire globe in P3D.  I'm always trying to find ways to make everywhere in the sim look as realistic and detailed as possible and this new mesh I think will help a lot.

Yeah the east coast without a doubt has mountain ranges from the bottom of the country all the way up to cairns along the coast then it flattens out however most central and northern Australia is flat in comparison

Having owning a older ultimate version i do want to get the newest version no questions, but for me at the moment RL expenses have taken a higher priority over a game I no longer spend all my spare time glued to, plus the Aussie dollar is trading like $h!t  at the moment and I cant even break a 100 and get change for a addon

Edited by jeansy

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

40 minutes ago, jeansy said:

Yeah the east coast without a doubt has mountain ranges from the bottom of the country all the way up to cairns along the coast then it flattens out however most central and northern Australia is flat in comparison

Having owning a older ultimate version i do want to get the newest version no questions, but for me at the moment RL expenses have taken a higher priority over a game I no longer spend all my spare time glued to, plus the Aussie dollar is trading like $h!t  at the moment and I cant even break a 100 and get change for a addon

I hear ya, I hate it when RL expenses suck my bank account dry but RL problems come first, than if I'm lucky enough to have anything left over, it goes towards flight simulation.  I'm lucky the USD is almost always pretty stable but this add-on still is really expensive compared to most other scenery out there.  I do still spend a lot of my free time flying in the simulator though so it's still probably worth it for me.

What I have been doing for expensive things like this is use Paypal's Pay in 4 payment option which is like a small, no interest loan with no late fees either.  It allows me to buy expensive add-ons like this and spread the payments out.  When I make a purchase this way, I only have to pay one quarter of the money up front and the other three payments come due every 2 weeks I believe.  This is how I purchased the PMDG 747-400.  I don't know if you have this option in Australia but it's worth looking into if you really want it bad.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kalnon said:

What I have been doing for expensive things like this is use Paypal's Pay in 4 payment option which is like a small, no interest loan with no late fees either.  It allows me to buy expensive add-ons like this and spread the payments out.  When I make a purchase this way, I only have to pay one quarter of the money up front and the other three payments come due every 2 weeks I believe.  This is how I purchased the PMDG 747-400.  I don't know if you have this option in Australia but it's worth looking into if you really want it bad.

ohh yeah we have the 4 payment options trust me.....

• Like 1

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

1 minute ago, jeansy said:

ohh yeah we have the 4 payment options trust me.....

🤣🤣🤣

Hello  Captains

Is it worth to upgrade from FS global 2020 to FS global 2024 ?

Regarding installation should I just uninstalled global 2020 and then install 2024 ? Can I install new mesh to P3Dv5 with already installed all orbx sceneries? Or does FSGlobal 2024 need to be installed first to clean P3D ?

Thank you a have a nice Thanksgiving 😃

Already asked ! Just read post #4

On 8/29/2023 at 8:26 AM, gaab said:

Enjoy this great mesh...

Gérard