Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

Missing World Map?

I had the happen when I left the Beta13 a few days ago.

Unfortunately, the fix for me was to uninstall and reinstall MSFS. Took me hours over a 2day period.

I have decided to stay away from Beta 13 until I hear the performance issue is resolved.

Good luck. I hope you don't have to take the re install route.

• Upvote 1

Robin

This also happened to me when I left beta 13...

For me, I was able to delete the following folders:

fs-base-ui-pages

fs-base-ui-vr

Once deleted, I started MSFS and it reinstalled those folders. It took a while, but did restore my world map.

This post explains a bit more, but I did not have to delete and reinstall all four folders mentioned. Just the two above.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/toolbar-missing-after-exiting-su13-beta/604979/4

Edited by flyblueskies
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Oh wow, I flew last night and it was fine. I do have a backup so I guess I can try that route. 

Chris Chiozza

Well, when I downgraded off of 13, I lost my map. After reinstalling the above files it returned...but I have not gone back to 13 (yet).

It does make sense though...I wish you well. Let us know how the latest 13 works...

• Upvote 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Yes I will report back, now that the map is back I am taking another INC backup then going to downgrade and see.

Chris Chiozza

Down graded and verified files still no map. I guess its beta only for me. 

1 hour ago, flyblueskies said:

fs-base-ui-pages

fs-base-ui-vr

Once deleted, I started MSFS and it reinstalled those folders. It took a while, but did restore my world map.

This post explains a bit more, but I did not have to delete and reinstall all four folders mentioned. Just the two above.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/toolbar-missing-after-exiting-su13-beta/604979/4

Its weird that I do not have these folders. I have fs-base-ui. I do not have an Offical folder either?

fs-base-ui-pages

fs-base-ui-vr

Edited by cchiozza

Chris Chiozza

Found them----

C:\Users\-------\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam

• Like 1

Chris Chiozza

Deleted all the folders suggested not just the two (did not work) and it reinstalled. now I have the map! Thanks!

• Like 2

Chris Chiozza

10 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

fs-base-ui-pages

fs-base-ui-vr

Wish I had this info. may have saved me hours. 

• Like 2

Robin

7 hours ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Wish I had this info. may have saved me hours. 

It's always good to check the official MSFS forums as well, as the turnover is quicker there. 

The solution that @flyblueskies mentions is from there.  I saw it a few weeks ago and would have suggested it if nobody had posted.
It can also fix the missing title bar issue that people get if rolling back.  I made a note of this just in case I needed

Luckily, it seems the latest beta (.14) from last night is pretty good.  I am quite happy with the stability and performance side of things.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Had a backup and tried the new beta. I ran into issues at the end of the flight with FPS dropping to below 20. Then went back to non beta and NO MAP AGAIN....Unbelievable. Restored a backup and and good again. I cannot believe that more people are not having issues.

Chris Chiozza

7 hours ago, cchiozza said:

Had a backup and tried the new beta. I ran into issues at the end of the flight with FPS dropping to below 20. Then went back to non beta and NO MAP AGAIN....Unbelievable. Restored a backup and and good again. I cannot believe that more people are not having issues.

I am going to try a long flight on the beta today to see what happens.  How long was your flight before hitting the problem?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I had the issue yesterday. Like above, rejoining the beta quickly solved the issue. And then leaving the beta again may not have the issue again.

Otherwise, I knew deleting those two files would mean a quick 2 minute or less wait for MSFS to search for updates and reinstall them.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.