Sign in to follow this  
jafred

SGA DC10-10 nav light issue

Hi.

I`m still flying my FFXSGA DC10-10 in FS9. Have BIG issues with NAV. lights.

Both navlights are in red color and it is not possible to fix it in Aircraft.CFG.

Anyone who knows how to fix this, I belive there is something wrong with the Model MDL file?

My FFXSGA DC10-30Works perfect with all lights but do not have any LIGHTS Section in Aircraft.CFG

I do not know how to contact SGA on e-mail so thats why I make this topic.

Regards JanB

Edited by jafred
wrong spelling

It somehow ? SEEMS ? that there is an error in your DC-10's model file BUT I just cannot imagine that the original author/developer has made such a basic/simple mistake by specifying and positioning both nav-lights with the same red light texture names.

Are you sure that the separately called for two textures within your FS9, have different colours ?

If the above is in any way not possible to ascertain then the only thing I can think of is that you go through all your nav-light textures and check their names in relation to their colours. E.g. if any texture name containing the letters "gre" (= green) does not display a red colour and vv.

Good luck.

Hans

Hi

This is the Light section in the aircraft.cfg

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=nose gear
light.0=1,  -0.90,   0.00, 18.70, DC10BCNU ,        //upper beacon
light.1=1, -30.70,   0.00, -3.00, DC10BCNL ,        //lower beacon
light.2=3, -74.00, -12.00, 34.50, DC10logo ,        //left logo splash
light.3=3, -74.00,  12.00, 34.50, DC10logo ,        //right logo splash
light.4=5,  88.35, -14.50, -4.00, DC10landing ,        //left landing light splash
light.5=5,  88.35,  14.50, -4.00, DC10landing ,        //right landing light splash
light.6=6,  82.00,   0.00, -3.50, DC10wing ,        //nose gear splash

I have tryed to enter this line but it does not work. Can`t see the green light because the red is to strong.

light.7=3, -29.50, 81.00, 8, fx_navgre

Well seems I have to fly with my DC10 as it is with 2 red nav lights.

Anyhow thanks for your reply.

Jan

Jan,

I would like to download your DC10-10 for testing purposes and to see if I can find a solution for you. If it's a freeware product, can you then please supply a file name and from where you downloaded it from.

Thanks and regards

Hans

1 hour ago, hjwalter said:

Jan,

I would like to download your DC10-10 for testing purposes and to see if I can find a solution for you. If it's a freeware product, can you then please supply a file name and from where you downloaded it from.

Thanks and regards

Hans

DC-10-10 is a FS 2002 Model. Below is the Series 30 from SGA:

https://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=SGA_DC-10-30.zip&fileId=8096

DC-10 Series 30 Service Pack:

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=SGA-30SP.zip&x=12&y=15

Edited by ViperPilot

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Jan,

I downloaded SGA's DC-10-10 and took a good look at it's nav lights. However, I can only confirm your problem, i.e. that both wing tip nav lights are red.

However, none of the other larger DC-10 versions seem to have this problem.

Not only that but in the specific case of your DC-10-10, this error will only be correctable by disassembling it's model file, by then finding/correcting the error concerned and finally by re-compiling the result. However, I do not have the software nor the very specific know-how for doing this, the end result being that I in fact cannot help you, other than advising you to step over to one of the other DC-10 versions.

On top of all this, the method which you have already tried via the [Lights] section in the CFG file, is only for a static wing tip position and will not take any wing flexing into account, which the existing model file actually does do. All the other existing lights specified in the DC-10-10's CFG file, are in fact only for the non flexing static lights on the aircraft's body.

Hans

Hello Hans.

Thanks for reply, thats what i thought that there is something wrong with the model CFG.

I have decided to let it be, Scanair did operate a DC10-30for a short period of time. We had only DC10-10 in our fleet.

Thats why I do fly the DC10-10.

Again thank`s for the info.

Jan

All lighting on the HJG offered (CANTU/ex SGA and modified) DC-10 models is fine as evidenced below

DC-10-10
dc-10-10_b-cal_1982_10_g-bjze.jpg

DC-10-15
dc-10-15_sun_country_1999_15_n154sy.jpg

DC-19-30
dc-10-30_korean_air_lines_1977_30_hl7317

DC-10-40
dc-10-40_northwest_airlines_1990_40_n149

DC-10-40D
dc-10-40d_japan_air_lines_1977_40d_ja853

DC-10-40D
dc-10-40i_japan_asia_1986_40i_ja8534.jpg

All released since 2015. 

All files are "complete" - base packs, textures, sound packs for all engine types (FS9 and FSX specific audio), and panels (for all DC-10 types) are provided and no service packs necessary

All files are FS9 and FSX compatible too

Found it,yes perfect site. Have now my DC10-10 working perfect with a new PANEL aswell.

THANKS FOR ALL HELP.

Jan

No it doesn't.

It's supported by "very advanced" and functional 2D panels "customized for each DC-10 aircraft type version"

One needs to be sure to apply the correct panel version to the correct corresponding DC-10 base pack version as related within the forum based HJG DC-10 manual

Project's also supported by HQ customized GE CF6, GE CFG-50, and P&W JT9D sound packs and FDE's similarly customized for each DC-10 version to.

The HJG offering is in fact "quite the freeware DC-10 project" and is both FS9 and FSX compatible. 

• Like 1