Sign in to follow this  
rooster hancock 2003

AIG elevation issue help

Hi All. As mentioned in another thread, I have recently installed into P3d V5.4, AIG with the one click automated process. I had two problems after the install. One was an atc audio issue which has now been resolved with the kind help of others on this forum. The other, which I now need help with is an elevation issue with the water just to the west of Taxi2Gate KSEA,(updated to P3d v5). It's like a pit in the water, which only appeared after the AIG install. I've also tried the INI build exclude. I've tried to take a picture but can't get it to show here. I'm guessing it's a double afcad problem but don't know how to access the AIG afcad files or even if that's the correct one to delete. Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Best regards

Malcolm Hancock

14 minutes ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

Hi All. As mentioned in another thread, I have recently installed into P3d V5.4, AIG with the one click automated process. I had two problems after the install. One was an atc audio issue which has now been resolved with the kind help of others on this forum. The other, which I now need help with is an elevation issue with the water just to the west of Taxi2Gate KSEA,(updated to P3d v5). It's like a pit in the water, which only appeared after the AIG install. I've also tried the INI build exclude. I've tried to take a picture but can't get it to show here. I'm guessing it's a double afcad problem but don't know how to access the AIG afcad files or even if that's the correct one to delete. Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Best regards

A screenshot would be very helpful. I usually load my pics to "imgur". This is free and after upload there I can just copy the link (direct link) and paste it here.

And don't forget to give us coordinates. Best is to open the map (ctrl-k) and copy paste text of Latitude and Longitude of your planes position. We can then look around and try to see it.

e3P3ptB.jpg

Pretty bad vfr conditions but no anomaly in the sea here next to KSEA. I use ORBX PNW, ORBX vector and Drzewiecki Design KSEA together with AIG. So not comparable to your situation.

I also searched my system with "Everything" for "*KSEA*.bgl" and only ORBX and Drzewiecki Design had files for this, but not AIG. AIG has some afcads but I don't know of any other scenery elements they have. All other .bgl files from them are traffic.

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

AIG's AI Manager/ One Click installer only adds in a few select afcad or ade files to your sim that are needed for a couple of the hand crafted packages and they are all within Europe (P3d ONLY).  Do you also have ORBX FTX PNW installed?

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Isn't AIG just for AI aircraft-I'mn ot sure it affects terrain elevations.

Do you have a third party mesh installed?

HI Guys. Thanks for coming back. I have Orbx global installed and that's all. I did have Vector installed and there was no elevation issue with that, but I found it has a bad effect on the P3d map so uninstalled it. Dan I will come back as soon as I've worked out how to attach the picture and co-ordinates you requested.

Thank you.

Malcolm Hancock

Ok Folks, I'm afraid I still haven't been able to produce a screen shot for you, (I'm getting on a bit and just don't know how to do these things), but here are the approx co-ordinates. LAT= N47* 28.31', LONG=W122* 23.16'. What I am seeing is a squared off piece of land and water forming a pit in the scenery with buildings and vegetation floating above. Hope this helps you folks to help me.

Thanks again.

Malcolm Hancock

1 hour ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

Ok Folks, I'm afraid I still haven't been able to produce a screen shot for you, (I'm getting on a bit and just don't know how to do these things), but here are the approx co-ordinates. LAT= N47* 28.31', LONG=W122* 23.16'. What I am seeing is a squared off piece of land and water forming a pit in the scenery with buildings and vegetation floating above. Hope this helps you folks to help me.

Thanks again.

Will check on my system but as said before, if I can't see an anomaly on my system, it is difficult to help. I wouldnt suspect AIG, since they don't create terrain sceneries. One method I usually do to eliminate a problem is deactivating sceneries binary. That means, disable half of your sceneries and check if the problem persists, check die other half disabled. Then disable half of the identified half and so on. After 5-10 steps you narrowed down the cause.

Other method, your your brains and find out, what else did you install recently before AIG. Maybe another product in the area of KSEA? Time stamps in the file system may help too to find it. 

Usually sceneries you bought don't do such things. Old freeware or old products for older sims can be the cause probably. 

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

6 hours ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

LAT= N47* 28.31', LONG=W122* 23.16'

Went exactly there, switched off weather and no anomaly anywhere

iyeEmWh.jpg

Edited by blaunarwal

blaunarwal, thank you for your reply. I wonder if I may ask a favour. You noted that we don't have parity with our setup's. Would you be kind enough to temp delete orbx vector and see if that makes a difference as I don't have vector installed. When I do have it installed the problem is gone, but I don't like vector as it causes other problems in the sim.

Thank you.

Malcolm Hancock

I can do a try, later today. I also had vector disabled longtime and a thread here moved me to try it again and all the performance issues I had seem gone and I get profit at least from some corrected coastlines I hope.

No change when vector is disabled on my system. 

Ok, thank you for your kind support. I just don't know where to go from here. If anyone else has any thoughts, they would be gratefully received.

Best regards.

Malcolm Hancock

1 hour ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

Ok, thank you for your kind support. I just don't know where to go from here. If anyone else has any thoughts, they would be gratefully received.

Best regards.

I suspect this is an OrbX landclass issue

Try removing OrbX and doing a repair of P3D with the official installer

As I wrote before, show us a picture. I wrote you how to do it in this thread before. If we can see it, it's maybe clearer, what can cause this.

If this was an ORBX landclass issue, I'd rather repair ORBX and P3D. ORBX central has a function to test files. Do that for all products in this region which you have. 

In Central, there is gear wheel, then help, then synchronize simulator. There's also a tool to setup layering of your sceneries. Check ORBX sceneries are below your other sceneries and the landclass below ORBX sceneries. If not let Central arrange it.

Then over windows setup you have installed apps. The P3D installer has a repair function for P3D. Next to uninstall you have another option probably called "change" in english. Later it's called repair. This will fix missing files. To eliminate a broken file it was better to delete suspected folders and let P3D installer add them again, but first you needed a suspect. So try first with just repair.

Dan