Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

I bought FSHUD, now....

On 10/6/2023 at 6:53 AM, jcomm said:

yesterday I used my rather old Flight1 account to buy FSHUD.

Hi jcomm. I'm planning to buy FSHud but a couple of questions please. Are you still able to recommend it after a few weeks of use? Seems all the videos and reviews are with MSFS and I'm a P3DV5 user. One video I just watched said the program did not recognize addon airports, only default. I assume this is an MSFS thing. 

Thanks 

Vic green

19 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

Hi jcomm. I'm planning to buy FSHud but a couple of questions please. Are you still able to recommend it after a few weeks of use? Seems all the videos and reviews are with MSFS and I'm a P3DV5 user. One video I just watched said the program did not recognize addon airports, only default. I assume this is an MSFS thing. 

Thanks 

I am still a very happy FSHUD user, in p3d V5, V6 and in MFS too. It was a very positive surprise.

In p3d apart from the orbx global, LC and Vector I presently have no 3pd airports, but I did update the bgls  using Hervé's free World update and FSHUD processed ir all flawlessly as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

I am still a very happy FSHUD user, in p3d V5, V6 and in MFS too. It was a very positive surprise.

In p3d apart from the orbx global, LC and Vector I presently have no 3pd airports, but I did update the bgls  using Hervé's free World update and FSHUD processed ir all flawlessly as far as I can tell.

Hello, 
I used fshud at the very beginning. The program did not cope with AI traffic - at airports emptiness for example at JFK I had literally 20 planes. At my home EPWA literally 5. Without fshud as it should be - I got a lot of AI traffic (AIG, MAIW, etc.) Also, with fshud I had no GA or military traffic at all. Another thing that is important to me is fshud in time acceleration stopped working - zero interaction (now I use PF3).
How does it look now in fshud? Does the program still limit the number of planes on the airport and how does it work in time acceleration.
Honestly, I had high hopes for this program and it's been a while since it's been on the market, so it might be worth revisiting.
I use P3D v45

Best regards

Grzegorz

9 minutes ago, Grzegorz said:

Hello, 
I used fshud at the very beginning. The program did not cope with AI traffic - at airports emptiness for example at JFK I had literally 20 planes. At my home EPWA literally 5. Without fshud as it should be - I got a lot of AI traffic (AIG, MAIW, etc.) Also, with fshud I had no GA or military traffic at all. Another thing that is important to me is fshud in time acceleration stopped working - zero interaction (now I use PF3).
How does it look now in fshud? Does the program still limit the number of planes on the airport and how does it work in time acceleration.
Honestly, I had high hopes for this program and it's been a while since it's been on the market, so it might be worth revisiting.
I use P3D v45

Best regards

Grzegorz

Well, I am probably not the best user to answer your questions, surely pertinent but with details that I honestly don't look after when I use FSHUD.

Having traffic injection for me was a great bonus, but for instance I didn't even consider adding FSLTL in MFS or AIG in P3D, and I am more than fine with the default "companies" that come with P3D.

FSHUD can still limit traffic injection based on FPS, and it can inject a good deal of ground traffic and traffic aloft, at least in the areas I play the most with P3D - Portugal and Spain making only simulation of airline flights between airports of these two countries.

For that I am more than satisfied with the outcome 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

19 hours ago, jcomm said:

Well, I am probably not the best user to answer your questions, surely pertinent but with details that I honestly don't look after when I use FSHUD.

Having traffic injection for me was a great bonus, but for instance I didn't even consider adding FSLTL in MFS or AIG in P3D, and I am more than fine with the default "companies" that come with P3D.

FSHUD can still limit traffic injection based on FPS, and it can inject a good deal of ground traffic and traffic aloft, at least in the areas I play the most with P3D - Portugal and Spain making only simulation of airline flights between airports of these two countries.

For that I am more than satisfied with the outcome 🙂

Thank you.
I think I'll hold off on the fshud though, basically I'm happy with PF3. Here the plus is the simulation of the Atlantic flight procedure.

Best regards

Grzegorz

25 minutes ago, Grzegorz said:

Thank you.
I think I'll hold off on the fshud though, basically I'm happy with PF3. Here the plus is the simulation of the Atlantic flight procedure.

Grzegorz, I have both: I changed from PF3 to FSHud last month. Basically, I was fed up with PF3's inability to recognize new callsigns (there are so many new airlines down here...). Actually, FSHud does not stop at high simrates, but only stops sending spoken instructions: there are still text instructions to all aircraft (with the advantage that there's no traffic reload when going from 8x to 4x).

However, because of the FSL birds, I stopped using time acceleration and started using Jump Ahead. Instead of requesting a Direct-to (as in PF3), I only need to cancel the flightplan, skip to wherever I want, reopen the flightplan and resume from current situation. I've done several transatlantic flights with this procedure.

One big caveat: you need to have an active Navigraph subscription at all times(or all your addon aircraft with AIRAC 2101), so that you don't have any inconsistencies in navdata. I've been assigned SIDs that do not exist anymore in AIRAC 2306 (the last one I have). FSHud refuses to allow to use the most recent paid-for AIRAC (unlike Simbrief, for example). As soon as your subscription ends, you're back to AIRAC 2101. I don't like this policy at all, but looks like I'll cave in anyway.

21 hours ago, jcomm said:

but I did update the bgls  using Hervé's free World update

Do you mean the navdata update for FSX/P3D?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

12 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Do you mean the navdata update for FSX/P3D?

Roger that, as well as MagVar...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig: