Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

I bought FSHUD, now....

Yep,

yesterday I used my rather old Flight1 account to buy FSHUD.

After a long while trying to settle for an ATC robot I found FSHUD should probably be the best option.

I have to learn how to use it. Was planning to couple it with some AI traffic / liveries injector, AIG was in the 1st place, but for the time being I'll be more than satisfied with default AI controlled and injected by FSHUD 🙂

I have spent in P3d v5 + v6 in one month almost as much as I spent in two years with MFS, but have received from each of my sim sessions with both versions - P3dv5.4 and P3dv6 - 10x the joy either MFS or XP12 ever provided me...

I bought only one aircraft so far for P3D - FSLabs A321 SL. This completed my Airbus fleet - 319, 20 and 21, CFM and IAE, and brought that spectacular EFB !!!

The PMDG 777 200 LR is the other payware airliner I had long purchased, and is still a pleasure to use, even if with some quirks here & there and not many chances of seeing it updated in the coming months, even if they release the MFS version... That's probably what made me hold my 200 ER purchase and even more the 300, even though I would like to get the EFB there too...

I am now in the fence between: PMDG 737 NGXu and the Majestic Q-400.

My memories from the FSX times tell me I didn't like the way the external  FM being used back then in the MJ Q-400 interacted with weather, specially under adverse conditions. It felt "too plastic"....

Some say the Q-400 has considerably evolved since it's early FSX times...

Ok, so, I have to ask: What would you recommend ?

- PMDG 737 NGXu

- Majestic Q-400 

I am using a 6 month license of P3dv5 and have P3dv6 installed and decided I will only install there native products, so, it appears that the Q-400 wins in this since it is already v6-ready? but...

Thx for any suggestions 😉

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

MJC Q400 is a "must". Then you fly with it between the Azores and Madeira....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Yep,

yesterday I used my rather old Flight1 account to buy FSHUD.

After a long while trying to settle for an ATC robot I found FSHUD should probably be the best option.

I have to learn how to use it. Was planning to couple it with some AI traffic / liveries injector, AIG was in the 1st place, but for the time being I'll be more than satisfied with default AI controlled and injected by FSHUD 🙂

I have spent in P3d v5 + v6 in one month almost as much as I spent in two years with MFS, but have received from each of my sim sessions with both versions - P3dv5.4 and P3dv6 - 10x the joy either MFS or XP12 ever provided me...

I bought only one aircraft so far for P3D - FSLabs A321 SL. This completed my Airbus fleet - 319, 20 and 21, CFM and IAE, and brought that spectacular EFB !!!

The PMDG 777 200 LR is the other payware airliner I had long purchased, and is still a pleasure to use, even if with some quirks here & there and not many chances of seeing it updated in the coming months, even if they release the MFS version... That's probably what made me hold my 200 ER purchase and even more the 300, even though I would like to get the EFB there too...

I am now in the fence between: PMDG 737 NGXu and the Majestic Q-400.

My memories from the FSX times tell me I didn't like the way the external  FM being used back then in the MJ Q-400 interacted with weather, specially under adverse conditions. It felt "too plastic"....

Some say the Q-400 has considerably evolved since it's early FSX times...

- PMDG 737 NGXu

- Majestic Q-400 

I am using a 6 month license of P3dv5 and have P3dv6 installed and decided I will only install there native products, so, it appears that the Q-400 wins in this since it is already v6-ready? but...

Thx for any suggestions 😉

Get the NGXu first and then the Q400.

There are issues with the sound in the Q400 and it seems less stable and I find it crashes the sim often (v6).

None such with the NGXu

• Like 2

I will let other some others comment on the "next aircraft" question you posed, but regarding FSHud and AI injection, just to let you know AIG AI injection is possible but you will need FSHud to control the  spawn of aircraft in the sim i.e. the std traffic slider controlling density of aircraft in P3D needs to be set to "0" as FSHud internally controls the injection and density of aircraft.

Regards
Mark

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

14 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

I will let other some others comment on the "next aircraft" question you posed, but regarding FSHud and AI injection, just to let you know AIG AI injection is possible but you will need FSHud to control the  spawn of aircraft in the sim i.e. the std traffic slider controlling density of aircraft in P3D needs to be set to "0" as FSHud internally controls the injection and density of aircraft.

Regards
Mark

Thank you for the hint @787flyer

I did arrive to that same conclusion when I was searching about integration of AIG with FSHUD. But it was also by that time that I found out AIG would download loads of data with liveries from alover the World... It would actually take quite a while to do it, and I feared it would consume some good resources, so I opted for using P3D with it's default AI aircraft and airlines 🙂 at least while I get familiar with FSHUD.

I'll have to share my slots with ORBIT, PACIFICA, ... 🙂

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

May I suggest you take a look at the ifly 737 max if you are looking for a 737. It is a great plane.  But as a word of caution,  it was built for v5 with EA on and doesn’t work with v6 currently.  

edit: also interested to hear your opinion on fshud.  I’ve been considering purchasing that for a while but have concerns about cpu usage since my cpu is already running at 100% in V5….

Edited by okupton
  • Like 1

Orman

5 hours ago, okupton said:

edit: also interested to hear your opinion on fshud.  I’ve been considering purchasing that for a while but have concerns about cpu usage since my cpu is already running at 100% in V5….

Well, did my first test from LPPR to LPPT and no impact felt in the CPU / GPU.

Load reached max 82% in one of the cores of my 6 core Ryzen 5600 x that I reverted to SMT OFF.

Temps were between 60 and 75ºC, mostly down to the 60sºC

I did like FSHUD.

Navigraph and Active Sky integration is straightforward! 

The injected traffic is well done, even though I didn't go the AIG way to get realistic liveries / airline names ...and am just using the default airlines...

There are some details that I think could get fine tuned. For instance I never got an altimeter setting during the approach... 

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

I think I'm going to have to buy FSHud.

My previous ATC program, Pro ATC-X, is no longer supported in v5*. And since I have a problem that I don't know how to solve, I simply can't use it anymore. And that's how they treat old customers and supporters...

No problem: the list of banned developers is growing. When I switch to MSFS, they won't see a cent from me!

* the saddest thing is that it was working fine! and it always worked in v5. for the first time in years i have a problem and they simply won't help me.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

3 hours ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

Pro ATC-X, is no longer supported in v5*

Mourad's support was shakey at the best of times and to make matters worse he releases Pro ATC-SR, charges $50 for it and is still

selling it to unsuspecting purchasers, and then goes to ground!

* the saddest thing is that it was working fine! and it always worked in v5. for the first time in years i have a problem and they simply won't help me.

I assume you are talking about the weather import ?

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Sparkrite said:

I assume you are talking about the weather import ?

Scenery reading error. It must be an issue with makerunways and LorbySceneryExport files. I'll try to fix it myself because the default ATC is terrible..."

I think I don't have any weather-related problems.

On 10/6/2023 at 7:53 AM, jcomm said:

- PMDG 737 NGXu

- Majestic Q-400 

Since Black Friday is almost a month away, I'd wait until then and purchase the Q400. Majestic usually has a sale those days. PMDG seldom does sales, so you may buy the NGXu whenever you want*

*Before PMDG takes all their P3D products off the store

On 10/6/2023 at 7:53 AM, jcomm said:

I'm curious about your experience with FSHUD. I'm getting tired of PF3 and its unability to recognize new callsigns, but the performance scares me away. How did you do regarding FPS and amount of AI?

I like having my airports full of traffic. As long as the liveries are correct, I don't mind if they are static or parked. With a few planes moving, it's OK for me. In MSFS, I set up to 100 parked planes (40% of positions available) and just 8 moving planes. Currently I can't do that in P3D (with AIG BGL flightplans). With FSHUD, will this be possible?

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Scenery reading error. It must be an issue with makerunways and LorbySceneryExport files. I'll try to fix it myself because the default ATC is terrible..."

I think I don't have any weather-related problems.

I had a similar situation as yours a while back. It was due to an error in the scenery.cfg in Program Data folder. 

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/90165-trouble-with-makerwys/

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91129-problem-with-make-runways-502/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

I like having my airports full of traffic. As long as the liveries are correct, I don't mind if they are static or parked. With a few planes moving, it's OK for me. In MSFS, I set up to 100 parked planes (40% of positions available) and just 8 moving planes. Currently I can't do that in P3D (with AIG BGL flightplans). With FSHUD, will this be possible?

It's rather fluid, but I use native P3D "liveries", and as you know we have to then set traffic to NILL in P3D and use the FSHUD configurator instead. I have AI in there set to 20 airport and 10 airborne aircraft.

I don't usePF3 so I can't really comment about it. Same applies to other alternatives like Pilot2ATC.

I didn't notice any hit in performance from FSHUD.

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

On 11/3/2023 at 3:45 PM, jcomm said:

I have AI in there set to 20 airport and 10 airborne aircraft.

Thanks for your reply. If possible, and if I'm not asking too much, can you do a test for me, please?

The idea is to set FSHUD AI (whatever source you use) with, let's say, 100 parked AI aircraft, just 8 active ones and no traffic limiting by FPS. That, and trying an approach to Heathrow/Frankfurt/any other big international airport, using any FSL Airbus. I'd like to know how is performance affected in that case.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

11 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Thanks for your reply. If possible, and if I'm not asking too much, can you do a test for me, please?

The idea is to set FSHUD AI (whatever source you use) with, let's say, 100 parked AI aircraft, just 8 active ones and no traffic limiting by FPS. That, and trying an approach to Heathrow/Frankfurt/any other big international airport, using any FSL Airbus. I'd like to know how is performance affected in that case.

Luís, you mean 100 airport aircraft and only 8 aloft ?

Main Simulation Rig: