Sign in to follow this  
IanHarrison

747ER Range problem

I have flown the PMDG QOTSII Qantas ER version many times on the Johannesburg-Sydney route.

After a break of a few months, I decided to fly it again. However, when I did my flight plan on Simbrief , I was informed I would have to reduce the load due to weight restrictions.

I went ahead and imported that plan into P3D v5.4. When I set up the plane and loaded the flight plan, the FMC told me that I had insufficient fuel to complete the flight.

What could have happened to change the parameters to something which is obviously wrong?.

I cannot see anywhere to increase the fuel capacity.

IRL, this route was flown for years.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Specific gravity of the fuel PMDG is using at FAOR ?

This would depend upon how you are loading fuel.

Edited by srcooke

Seems to have been "one of those things". Deleted the QOTSII and reloaded base plane and then added back liveries. Initial set up shows full tanks and an adequate reserve.

Will fly tonight and see what happens.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

15 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Seems to have been "one of those things". Deleted the QOTSII and reloaded base plane and then added back liveries. Initial set up shows full tanks and an adequate reserve.

Will fly tonight and see what happens.

Looks like a Simbrief problem, 747 FMC is now showing correctly.