Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Searching for Scripts for the Black Square TBM 850

Hello! 

I look for binding all the special buttons (things not bindable via existing MSFS commands) in the TBM from Black Square. 

As i have no clue how to create these scripts I hoped someone can notify me here when he finds something like that. Currently I monitor Flightsim.to regularly if it pops up. 

Thank you! 

Edited by Rhinozherous

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

The best course of action is to use the MSFS developer mode.

When devel mode is on in MSFS, open the "Tools->Behaviors" dialog. Now click back into the sim, then hover your mouse over the button/lever that you want to investigate and press "Ctrl & G". This will bring up the behavior code in the Behaviors window. At the bottom of all the options there usually are the mouse controls (left single, drag etc.) and in those you will find the RPN code that is actuated by the mouse - replicate that in AAO and it should work.

Any button in particular that you are interested in? Then I can post an example of how this works. (I know, I should be recording videos about this...)

• Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

When devel mode is on in MSFS, open the "Tools->Behaviors" dialog. Now click back into the sim, then hover your mouse over the button/lever that you want to investigate and press "Ctrl & G". This will bring up the behavior code in the Behaviors window. At the bottom of all the options there usually are the mouse controls (left single, drag etc.) and in those you will find the RPN code that is actuated by the mouse - replicate that in AAO and it should work.

Any button in particular that you are interested in? Then I can post an example of how this works. (I know, I should be recording videos about this...)

Wow, thank you very much! I will trie this! 

I will ask here if I need help, if it is okay for you! 

Tutorial videos would be awesome 😀

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

6 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Okay, I have already no idea what to do 😄

Via this imgur link you can see two screenshots of the buttons I was interested to test it - https://imgur.com/a/P613zW4

The "ENG Arm Button" is a simple toggle button and the "PULL VS" button is pull and pressable and also able to turn L or R.

Where in the Behaviours window is this RPN code?

Thank you!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Where it says "Root" at the top, select the actual button. Seems like there are multiple behaviors associated with it.

For the left button you will find "(>B:AUTOPILOT_VS_Mode_Toggle) " in the section "ASOBO_GT_Interaction_LeftSingle_Code"

The code of the other one is A LOT more complex and would require to implement several rather large scripts. Apparently BlackSquare didn't bother with adding simple Input Events to that one. Just pushing it seems to do this: (L:var_VsAdjustMode, Bool) ! (>L:var_VsAdjustMode, Bool)

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

Where it says "Root" at the top, select the actual button. Seems like there are multiple behaviors associated with it.

For the left button you will find "(>B:AUTOPILOT_VS_Mode_Toggle) " in the section "ASOBO_GT_Interaction_LeftSingle_Code"

The code of the other one is A LOT more complex and would require to implement several rather large scripts. Apparently BlackSquare didn't bother with adding simple Input Events to that one. Just pushing it seems to do this: (L:var_VsAdjustMode, Bool) ! (>L:var_VsAdjustMode, Bool)

Hmm okay, I will see what I can do with this... but I dont think I am able to do anything like complex scritping.

I also hope that someone with more skill is doing it and loading it up 😇

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

9 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

FYI most if not all the scripts are thew same as the B350 and B58 BKSQ.

Oh, maybe I can do something with this info... Thank you! 

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

7 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

FYI most if not all the scripts are thew same as the B350 and B58 BKSQ.

Thank you again, they really work!

• Like 1

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Have managed to so far get some unique scripts working for Battery, Generator Avionics and Autopilot on/off switches.

38 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Have managed to so far get some unique scripts working for Battery, Generator Avionics and Autopilot on/off switches.

I just used the existing scripts from the Baron and the KingAir to control all autopilot functions, including the altitude selector - The Alt selector was the most important for me, as it is fiddly to use with the mouse.

Do you plan on uploading your scripts to Flightsim.to?

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

4 minutes ago, Rhinozherous said:

I just used the existing scripts from the Baron and the KingAir to control all autopilot functions, including the altitude selector - The Alt selector was the most important for me, as it is fiddly to use with the mouse.

Do you plan on uploading your scripts to Flightsim.to?

Kinda been waiting for someone much more patient and smarter than me to kindly upload scripts for the StreamDeck to Flightsim.

Surprised Guenseli hasn't done the TBM yet.

WW5130.png

| i9-10900F - 2080Ti | 32 GB RAM | Win 11 Pro | HC Bravo | AAO | StreamDeck | Air Manager |

9 hours ago, mrm0508 said:

Surprised Guenseli hasn't done the TBM yet.

I asked him directly if he is going to do scripts for the TBM - It seems not because he is busy with another project. 

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

12 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Kinda been waiting for someone much more patient and smarter than me to kindly upload scripts for the StreamDeck to Flightsim.

Won't be long I think, the first packages are already materializing on the JD Discord

LORBY-SI