Sign in to follow this  
Dazkent

Sode not working FSX Steam Edition

Hi

I hope someone out there with Sode knowledge can help me

I have just installed version 1.8.0 of Sode into P3D and i also selected the option for FSX steam addition, the install for P3D seems to have worked as i can select the required gate from the sode menu ( for example Gate 111 at UK2000 EGKK and all works normally)

Something seems to have gone wrong the the FSX install as even though the initial screen let me register and activate for both sims i am getting no SODE entry on the FSX menu. I then select repair from the installer and i am getting the following error message under the FSX entry

Registration error

exe.xml Sucess

dll.xml Success

* Simobject Path entries *

FSX.cfg (Main)  file not found

FSX.cfg (common) file not found

Just wanted to add this machine has never had the boxed edition installed and the FSX.CFG file is in the right place (Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX)

I really have no idea what to do next 😞

kind Regards

Darran

Edited by Dazkent

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Sode 180 does not work with FSX Steam. If you need SODE in FSX SE you need to install Sode 171.

You talk about FSX Steam then you talk about FSX, are you still meaning FSX SE. In which case you can repair with the Steam app

Pierre

Thank you for replying.

I am using steam edition on this PC. I have a seperate PC that is running boxed edition but don't use SODE on that one. I may just leave it and go for airports that don't need it for now. If i do need it in the future I will go with version 1.7.1

Appreciate the help

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

On 10/7/2023 at 4:37 PM, ppo said:

Sode 180 does not work with FSX Steam. If you need SODE in FSX SE you need to install Sode 171.

You talk about FSX Steam then you talk about FSX, are you still meaning FSX SE. In which case you can repair with the Steam app

Whoever you are, thank you.  GSX installs 1.8 and everything in SODE manager looks just fine.  Registed, SIMconnect fine.  One little entry in the log about platform not being supported.  NOTHING at the SODE forums on this. No readme, no release notes, no "Hey, btw, I quit supporting FSX:SE, scew you and good bye."  Just you, whoever you are, coming through with critical information the dev didn't seem to think was important. I guess that's what you get when everything in the ecosystem leans on one piece of freeware.

Went back to 1.68 and all jim-dandy.  You deserve a prize, sir/ma'am. This is literally the only place I have seen this. 

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

The future has spoken.

3 hours ago, mjl1966 said:

scew you and good bye."

You are probably right, this superb bit of software has been available and fully supported for years,
entirely free of charge.
It would be entirely understandable if the developer had finally tired of the rude, entitled and unreasonable
requests that were most likely a daily occurrence.

Edited by Reader

On 2/19/2024 at 3:53 AM, Reader said:

You are probably right, this superb bit of software has been available and fully supported for years,
entirely free of charge.
It would be entirely understandable if the developer had finally tired of the rude, entitled and unreasonable
requests that were most likely a daily occurrence.

I DID, however, send him a $10 donation.  I just get irritated when devs don't communicate standard stuff like compatibility.  I don't understand why he didn't charge devs some kind of licensing fee.  He's kind of at the center of all animation in FSX.

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

The future has spoken.