Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Body Shaker Advice

I hope it's OK to post in this forum, if not, then Admin please move to correct forum. I'm looking at building a Reckhorn BC-200i transducer into my cockpit seat, powered by a Nobsound 100W Subwoofer Mono Power Amplifier. I thought everything would be fine, then I woke in the middle of the night with an air of concern! I suddenly realised that I had no idea how to ensure that my Hyper X headset with mic, which operates via USB, was going to work at the same time as the transducer running out of the back of the default audio output on the MB. Is there anyone who could offer some help with this? Thanks.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

You wish to simply route the MSFS audio output to two devices: Your headset and your transducer, correct?

Have you considered using something like SimShaker for Aviators? https://simshaker.com/software/general/
This solution would mean that you don't need to route the output to two devices. SimShaker will output audio effects to your transducer, and MSFS will output audio to your headset like it normally would.

I have a USB DAC doing audio out,    the motherboard's sound chip doing MIC-IN and Transducer output from either SIMHAPTIC or SimShaker.    Works perfectly.     /I prefer Simhaptic

I've got Simshaker and Simhaptic, Simhaptic works best for MSFS and Simshaker is used for P3D and DCS.

**There is also a program "Bannana" or something or other that will divert sounds here and there

Edited by jimcarrel
  • Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

I suddenly realised that I had no idea how to ensure that my Hyper X headset with mic, which operates via USB, was going to work at the same time as the transducer running out of the back of the default audio output on the MB. Is there anyone who could offer some help with this? Thanks.

What are you using for your current sound reproduction? Is everything through the headphones or are you using speakers as well?

• Like 1

John B

31 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

**There is also a program "Bannana" or something or other that will divert sounds here and there

VoiceMeter Banana: https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm
Or alternatively, Virtual Audio Cable: https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/

They are sort of a virtual sound card, so in MSFS you select Banana/Virtual Audio Cable as the audio device, and then you configure Banana/Virtual Audio Cable to output to your headphones and transducer.

It will invariably introduce a little latency, but probably not a big deal as MSFS isn't exactly a fast-paced action game. 

I'm not sure why some will just route all the MSFS audio to their transducer, instead of using dedicated software like Simshaker to create transducer effects. With all MSFS audio going to the transducer you will also get ATC talking in your seat, right? But maybe some like having the ATC voices giving them a posterior massage - I won't judge... 

1 hour ago, JacquesBrel said:

I'm not sure why some will just route all the MSFS audio to their transducer, instead of using dedicated software like Simshaker to create transducer effects. With all MSFS audio going to the transducer you will also get ATC talking in your seat, right? But maybe some like having the ATC voices giving them a posterior massage - I won't judge... 

The common method is to use the bass output from the pc to feed the transducer amplifier. This will limit other higher frequency sounds like speech. And using a suitable bass amplifier for the transducer further limits unwanted frequencies.  Where speakers and a subwoofer are used it only requires a splitter plug for the pc bass output to connect the 2 cables for transducer and subwoofer. I have used this arrangement for several years and found it to work well. All bumps are felt and some deep engine rumble, with no unwanted reactions to other sounds. I don't use MSFS so I don't know what options it allows for separating voice audio for usb headphones, but as far as Windows is concerned they are separate independent sound outputs. However, the ability to use them depends on the simulator.

• Like 1

John B

2 hours ago, JacquesBrel said:

You wish to simply route the MSFS audio output to two devices: Your headset and your transducer, correct?

Have you considered using something like SimShaker for Aviators? https://simshaker.com/software/general/
This solution would mean that you don't need to route the output to two devices. SimShaker will output audio effects to your transducer, and MSFS will output audio to your headset like it normally would.

Sure, that's correct. The only thing I am concerned about is that the Headphones also has a mic and they are connected via a single USB.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

2 hours ago, Biggles2010 said:

What are you using for your current sound reproduction? Is everything through the headphones or are you using speakers as well?

Hi John, I switch between the two, depending on circumstances, but 80% of the time I use my HyperX headphones which also has a mic, both headphones elements connect via a single USB from the front of the computer case, and then a 4.1 surround system comes off the back of the MB from the standard 3.5 jack.

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 1

Howard