Sign in to follow this  
TexasGary

Weather Not Available

I have been having an issue with the weather function today.  Was working fine yesterday, but today every time I highlight an airport and hit the Wx button it just says "Not Available."  I also tried using the "Sim Weather" option instead of the "NOAA Real Weather" option, but it still just says "Not Available."  I am on Beta Version 6D.  I also installed Beta Version 7G3, but hitting the Wx button still says "Not Available."  Then I heard it was announced on the REX discord channel that In the USA the NOAA has changed some of their processes and it broke REX and likely other MSFS weather interfaces (like P2ATC) until adjustments can be made.  Hopefully Dave can sort out the changes that NOAA made and get the Wx function back up and running again.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Yes, the Government did it again.  Broke all the programs that use their weather, including Pilot2ATC.

I'm working on it, but it's a total rewrite of the NOAA weather code, so it won't be overnight.

Thanks for your patience.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Dave.  Hopefully it won't be too difficult to resolve.  Maybe you can post here when you have addressed it.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Dave, many thanks for the quick fix.  Appreciate it.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

On 10/18/2023 at 10:18 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

This issue is fixed in the Beta 7G3b.

when will the update  go  to  the  stable  version

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I believe I'm running the latest version (2.7, downloaded from the betas page) but I can't get NOAA, sim or Rex weather to work. Not sure what else to do.

edit:restarted everything and tried again...seems to be working first time in weeks...not sure what I did differently haha

Edited by PeakPaladin

Hello, I'm a newcomer.

I recently purchased Pilot2atc V2.6.4.2.

Still a disappointment that the Weather was suddenly no longer available, while it did function for about 3 days during the tryout period...

But apparently I read the reason here.

There are problems according to Dave-Pilot2ATC.

Thanks Dave, just wait a little longer then..

57 minutes ago, krietzz said:

Hello, I'm a newcomer.

I recently purchased Pilot2atc V2.6.4.2.

Still a disappointment that the Weather was suddenly no longer available, while it did function for about 3 days during the tryout period...

But apparently I read the reason here.

There are problems according to Dave-Pilot2ATC.

Thanks Dave, just wait a little longer then..

Fixed with a beta update a few days ago.

2.7.0.0 Beta 7G3b 10/18/2023

Hot Fix for NOAA Weather. Fixes weather and TAF retrieval after NOAA changed their website and the location of data files.

Edited by srcooke
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, srcooke said:

Fixed with a beta update a few days ago.

2.7.0.0 Beta 7G3b 10/18/2023

Hot Fix for NOAA Weather. Fixes weather and TAF retrieval after NOAA changed their website and the location of data files.

it all good  if  your  on beta but  still  waiting  for  the  fix  on the  stable  version

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hello, apparently there are problems with the weather again... It worked well for a while thanks to Dave's hotfix, but now (friday 10-11-2023) I keep getting the message 'Weather not available'... Anyone have any ideas why ???