Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Scenery help

I bought Cloud9's scenery for Sarajevo (it was on sale). I installed it into P3D v5.4 (it was a manual install, no installer) and everything went smooth except I have no jetways. Only red X's where the jetways are supposed to be. I installed the SODE files and SODE is registered and active, but I still have red X's in the scenery. Any idea what could be wrong? Maybe because I am using SODE v1.8.0??

I did email the developer of the scenery twice but never heard back from him. So hopefully someone here can help.

Go to: C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\log

And open the SODE.log, it will list all the .xml files SODE is reading and list all the errors it is finding. Find the entry for LQSA and see what error SODE reports.

The .xml file is fine, the issue will be with the objects, hence the red X.

Kind Regards,

Peter

12 minutes ago, Antonov22 said:

Go to: C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\log

And open the SODE.log, it will list all the .xml files SODE is reading and list all the errors it is finding. Find the entry for LQSA and see what error SODE reports.

The .xml file is fine, the issue will be with the objects, hence the red X.

SODE log file found this. Not sure how to fix them.

[05:39:41.529] WARN SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : SimObject with SimTitle 'MWDesign_LQSA_Jetway': 'UNDEFINED.MDL' does NOT exist! 
[05:39:41.529] WARN SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : SimObject with SimTitle 'MWDesign_LQSA_Jetway': 'UNDEFINED.MDL' does NOT exist! 

[05:41:14.162] ERROR SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : 'jetway.cfg' not found for Model '12bPilot_SODE_MissingObj' of SimObject 'LQSA:Jetway 1 GATE 3'! Path='C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects\SODE_HLPR\model.MissingObj\jetway.cfg', Code(2)
[05:41:14.162] ERROR SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : 'jetway.cfg' not found for Model '12bPilot_SODE_MissingObj' of SimObject 'LQSA:Jetway 1 GATE 4'! Path='C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects\SODE_HLPR\model.MissingObj\jetway.cfg', Code(2)

Also, I don't think this scenery if fully compatible with P3D v5.4. I just noticed I have some default buildings showing up in the scenery (hangars to the right of the terminal)

26 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

Go to your SimObjects maps and locate the LQSA objects:

I have the old LQSA, so my folder is called MWDesign_LQSA, in there I find two folders and .cfg file.

model.LQSA_jetway
texture
sim.cfg

My sim.cfg reads:

[fltsim.0]
title=MWDesign_LQSA_Jetway
sim=
model=LQSA_Jetway
texture=

Make sure your sim.cfg using the EXACT model name! 
BTW, you can easily tweak all this whilst your sim is running, just press Reload All in the sim to check if your changes have worked.

I hope works, otherwise things will get a lot harder...

Kind Regards,

Peter

1 hour ago, Joseph29 said:

Cloud9's scenery for Sarajevo

Hi Joseph

I fixed it today. There were a lot of problems. Fix is on my website.

Regards

Dan

• Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Thank you guys. I think this is probably a P3D v4 scenery and he tried to make it work in v5+. This scenery is not the best, but I bought it because I never had a scenery for Sarajevo before and it was on sale. I will not be buying his Podgorica scenery.

4 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

P3D v4 scenery and he tried to make it work in v5+

From a developer i expect a bit more than trying to make it work. The scenery is nice when fixed. I think Cloud9 is a developer good in 3D building, but not in the rest. 

I'm not sure weather the scenery is only the airport, or also the city. It looks pretty default to me but this could be because of the used buildings. The road matches the buildings well. So looks pretty organised.

Don't know either, if I should get Podgorica. There will be another fixing session. 

Edited by blaunarwal

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

to be fair, the guy is just starting out. Do you remember where FT was when they started out? night and day, granted they were doing stuff for FS2002 but all guys like this need is support to grow their craft and you never know where he might end up in terms of quality down the road...everyone has to start somewhere.

Edited by ywg256

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

2 minutes ago, ywg256 said:

to be fair

...would be a working scenery. That includes testing and only selling it, if it works. And Cloud9 i have seen with FSDreamteam since years. So either he is in business for years or this guy has now a problem with his brand name.

new developer.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

1 hour ago, ywg256 said:

new developer.

Podgorica is a scenery i have seen more than a year ago. In Simmarket it's listed as availabe since 21-10-2023. A little more than a week now but I have seen the farmer traktors on the airfield before. So this scenery has been there before maybe for FSX. I got it before and there are no obvious bugs now. I reworked the afcad a bit since there were only GA parkings and the traffic did not park at the terminal but close to the static mil jets. But no bleed through here and no jetway problems, since it doesn't have 😉

Edited by blaunarwal

sorry, I just meant different than FSDT. I am considering getting Sarajevo down the road to support him. .