Sign in to follow this  
newtie

ORBX Orlando still recommended?

I was flying around Florida this morning and searched ORBX for anything other than TrueEarth FL. There is a Orlando city scene available but after a short search, it looks to be reviewed negatively due to loading issues and disabling certain files for it to run correctly. Those comments were circa 2019-2020 so I don't know if these issues were ever fixed. Prior to considering buying this, I thought I would ask.

Mark

• Upvote 1

I liked city scene Orlando in V4, and didn't have issues with adding t2g mco v2.

In V5 I use TE Florida due to city scene not being officially compatible.

In the end, each adds to the area in it's own way with city scene being a little less of a hassle with configuration. But it is V4 only officially.

P3Dv5.4 / Win11: 22H2 / CPU: 10980K at 5.0GHz / Memory: 32Gb at 3600 MHz / GPU:  RTX 3090 / Display: Benq x3000i pj on Silver Ticket 110" screen

Well... I have P3D v4.5 and I found it was a fps hog.

In the end I deactivated in favor of TE Florida.

The only thing I really don't much like about TF Florida is the low res ground poly, but I guess highres ground polys cost much $$$ for commercial use.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

I had the same question about adding citiescape scenery to TE scenery.  This is good to know it makes the cities look even better.