Sign in to follow this  
morten7741

Road textures missing

Hello there. I recently came back to P3D after a long break. But I have encountered a problem in the sim. 
I have no road textures. No matter where I go in the world, it's the same I have the green "road skirting", but not the actual road textures.
I am running ORBX Global, Vector, OpenLC etc. And I have reinstalled all of them + reinstalling the P3D Client, Scenery and Content parts. 
With no result. Do you guys have any suggestions for what I can do to fix this problem?

spacer.pngspacer.png

I have inserted some pics which shows the problem, with 100% road traffic to clarify the problem.
I am running P3D v5.3

Thank you so much in advance.

Kind Regards
Morten

Hi Morten, I have responded to your same issue posted in P3D forum

Sherm

2 hours ago, morten7741 said:

I am running P3D v5.3

Well, the first thing I would try is to update to the latest V5 edition which is V 5.4.9.28482 and then see how things are.

Edited by Sparkrite

Unfortunately I am not able to do that as I have necessary addons in my current P3D installation that are not compatible with the newest version of P3D. 
But thank you for your suggestion.

Morten

P3D 5.4  roads

Just NE of KDTW
Orbx Global

spacer.png

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Have you checked the insertion point for Orbx products in the Orbx Central settings?

Ian S

38.jpg

Asides checking the insertion points suggestion from @Ian S, there is also the option of Sync Simulator available from the Settings / App / Help in Orbx Central.

The Help also has the User Guide to overview prior to pulling the trigger so to speak.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

On 11/3/2023 at 1:53 PM, morten7741 said:

Unfortunately I am not able to do that as I have necessary addons in my current P3D installation that are not compatible with the newest version of P3D. 
But thank you for your suggestion.

Morten

I'm not suggesting you update to V6, but rather update your present V5.3 to the later V5.4.

All addons (AFAIK) that work with V5.3 will continue to work with V5.4.

4 hours ago, Sparkrite said:

All addons (AFAIK) that work with V5.3 will continue to work with V5.4.

Not the case unfortunately...

The 5.4 update broke aspects of XMLTools resulting in not all addons using XMLTools working properly.

The same issue was present in v6, which was resolved by LM in one of the v6 patches.

However LM are unlikely to release any further patches for v5, in fact they said they currently have no intent for further v5 patches.

These sort of regressions LM introduce and then never resolve are just sloppy work, they did the same sort of thing for the MilViz radar in v5 and left introduced issues outstanding in v4.5.

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

40 minutes ago, Rogen said:

The 5.4 update broke aspects of XMLTools resulting in not all addons using XMLTools working properly.

Any chance you could give an example please?

I have an awful lot of addons using the XML method and not one failed when updating from 5.3 to 5.4 because of anything to do with XML.

Edited by Sparkrite

6 minutes ago, Sparkrite said:

Any chance you could give an example please?

The issue is a simvar indexing bug introduced in v5.4 and in v6, since resolved in v6 only at present.

Was fixed by LM for v6 in patch 4.

• Fixed issue where C:Vars would not parse correctly in some cases if an index was present.

https://www.prepar3d.com/announcement/2023/09/131908/

Probably best to raise some stink about the issue on the P3D forum (when LM resolve their domain hijack), the old adage - squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Cheers

48 minutes ago, Sparkrite said:

I have an awful lot of addons using the XML method and not one failed when updating from 5.3 to 5.4 because of anything to do with XML.

Ok, so this is not to do with the use of the add-on.xml install method.

It's more to do with the use of XMLTools (like xml based gauges) where the application named as "XMLTools" expands the functionality of what can be built.

It's more behind the scenes and is typically used by many developers to expand engine operational functionality beyound that of a default P3D.

Lots of higher fidelity aircraft do use XMLTools in one way or another.

Cheers