Sign in to follow this  
Paulos_Muzza

ATC Add on & VR

Does anyone have any success with adding Pilot2ATC or P3d to their set up and getting it running in VR? I am demoing P2ATC but I have no controls in VR - I read that Sky4Sim links to it on their in game application but it doesn't appear in there?!

I'm not sure why running in vr would affect these programs in any way..... 🤔

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I use Pilot2Atc all the time in VR.  I just get everything setup in Pilot2Atc first at the start of my flight, make sure I have the right freq for Clearance and my airline call sign setup,  and click connect. 

I have a button on my yoke I press when I talk to Pilot2ATC.  Once you know what to say, you don't really need interact with the Pilot2ATC screen. 

I start by listen to the ATIS. then switch to Clearance delivery.

When I'm ready press the talk button on my yoke and say:

1. "(airline call sign) ready to copy our IFR clearance".  As the controller reads it back, I dial in the assigned altitude, and squawk code assigned. No need to write anything down.

2. "(airline call sign) ready for pushback and engine start". 

3. "(airline call sign) ready for taxi".  Will give taxi instructions.  This can be a bit challenging, if its a very detailed. I usually have a VR window with Navigraph open with the TAXI chart to follow. you can always ask "(airline call sign) say again" for atc to replay it again. Even if you don't follow the exact taxi instructions, Pilot2Atc does not care, as long as your arrive to your assigned runway.

4. "(airline call sign) holding short of runway XX"

Most headsets have a built in microphone, mine does not. so I just us a small lapel mike taped to the center of my yoke. Seems to work ok. Even with the audio going through my loud speakers. Only time I run into problems with Pilot2Atc is when FS2Crew or Virtual airline starts talking (ex. crew announcements) while I am trying to talk to ATC. The mic will pic up the additional voice and ATC may not understand you. When that happens, just wait and try again.

So far, for me, its the best ATC for VR use. 

Edit.  Just re-read the OP post, Although I use MSFS now, the above should also work in P3D as well. Other then having a VR window with Navigraph in P3d, (not sure if that is possible in P3D), everything else is the same. I used to use P3D and Pilot2atc in VR a few years ago with success. 

Edited by rickjake

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

yep  same  here  once  you set  everything  up  on the  ui  screen  no need  to go there  again

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg