Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

MSFS across 3 PCs

With no fix for the existing multi-monitor support on the horizon, I'm being forced down the 3 PC route. My plan is to install Steam MSFS on 3 PCs, each connected to a TV. I will be using Aerowinx PSX which can sync MSFS over the network.

How do I go about this practically? I think I need 3 different Steam accounts, with 3 separate emails and 3 separate credit cards?

How does scenery work? Can I install airports on one shared drive between the 3 PCs, or maybe rsync the scenery between PCs?

4 hours ago, GodAtum said:

With no fix for the existing multi-monitor support on the horizon, I'm being forced down the 3 PC route. My plan is to install Steam MSFS on 3 PCs, each connected to a TV. I will be using Aerowinx PSX which can sync MSFS over the network.

How do I go about this practically? I think I need 3 different Steam accounts, with 3 separate emails and 3 separate credit cards?

How does scenery work? Can I install airports on one shared drive between the 3 PCs, or maybe rsync the scenery between PCs?

Hi,

I've not been able to find a way to network MS2020 to my five computers. Only option I've found is to use an Asus 4090tuf board with an AMD 7950X3D cpu with 64GB RAM @ 6000, Samsung 990 pro nvme and a USB-C to VGA connector. I'm also using the HDMI and DP connectors on the Gigabyte x670e motherboard.

The end result is not bad at all, keep in mind this computer is running seven monitors, three at 4K and four at 1080p.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL
  • Like 4

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I’m not in the world in the slightest but I did always wonder why one would need several PCs for this setup. genuinely curious to learn why

2 hours ago, Lucky38i said:

I’m not in the world in the slightest but I did always wonder why one would need several PCs for this setup. genuinely curious to learn why

I just use MSFS as the visuals. All the flight dynamics are driven from Aerowinx PSX software which in turn drives MSFS.

Each PC will be connected to 1 TV. I have 3 TVs (1 in the middle, 1 left and 1 right angled around 45 degrees).

No photo description available.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GodAtum said:

I just use MSFS as the visuals. All the flight dynamics are driven from Aerowinx PSX software which in turn drives MSFS.

Each PC will be connected to 1 TV. I have 3 TVs (1 in the middle, 1 left and 1 right angled around 45 degrees).

No photo description available.

Yeah but the question is why? A single PC can easily drive 3 monitors.

11 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

Yeah but the question is why? A single PC can easily drive 3 monitors.

Yes but as you can see, the way MSFS does multi-monitor the side view stretches.

Not if you use the "experimental" multi monitor option it doesn't. It creates a new rendering window for each screen. THere are definitly some drawbacks but it does work

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

2 hours ago, KL Oo said:

Not if you use the "experimental" multi monitor option it doesn't. It creates a new rendering window for each screen. THere are definitly some drawbacks but it does work

That's what I use. unfortunately the view still stretches. I'm not technical enough to explain why but it could be something to do with frustums.