Sign in to follow this  
KL Oo

Can BeyondATC's injection be used in PSX Traffic

8 hours ago, KL Oo said:

2. Nico believes that BeyondATC are injecting traffic in the same means as he already is.

That is not a matter of believe. It must be. SimConnect offers only two means of spawning an aircraft, atc (msfs engine) or non_atc (controlled externally).

Edited by kiek

13 hours ago, mmcmah said:

Turning off the Process Lasso core manipulation and some background tasks (to try to make a best case scenario) resulted in a baseline FPS increase of about 4 FPS, but that only translated into a 1 FPS increase with PSXT running, so the delta became 24 FPS:

Without PSXT: https://imgur.com/a/n6yO7PN

With PSXT: https://imgur.com/a/s2xhNUm

Count your blessings I'd say!

At a busy Airpoirt, with a complex airport addon scenery, you have got 23 perfectly matched live aircraft and 58 perfectly matched static aircraft parked at the right gate. And all static parked match the exact half hour of the day (fit=0).

And all that at at 40 fps, which is very good flyable.

You guys focus too much at fps, imho.

Nico

Btw I'm getting old, I remember the old days, we have come from so far. Enjoy it.

7 hours ago, kiek said:

That you must not do (!!), see the instructions in the Manual. The datastream of RT remains at 1x.

It actually works quite well at these speeds, although I have not checked for 1:1 accuracy.  

27 minutes ago, knich said:

It actually works quite well at these speeds, although I have not checked for 1:1 accuracy.  

It dies not crash, but that's all.. The aircraft you may see are not there at that time if the day.

32 minutes ago, kiek said:

It dies not crash, but that's all.. The aircraft you may see are not there at that time if the day.

If I'm going to use time acceleration, I set the clock back 24 hours or less if it's a shorter flight and I want the weather to be somewhat like current.

What ends up happening is that every few seconds the PSXT planes will jump forward as the time resynchronizes with RT. It's also a good way to soft learn an airport that otherwise doesn't have good ADS-B coverage. All in all, good reasons to get the Professional license and be able to time shift.

6 hours ago, kiek said:

Count your blessings I'd say!

At a busy Airpoirt, with a complex airport addon scenery, you have got 23 perfectly matched live aircraft and 58 perfectly matched static aircraft parked at the right gate. And all static parked match the exact half hour of the day (fit=0).

And all that at at 40 fps, which is very good flyable.

You guys focus too much at fps, imho.

Nico

Btw I'm getting old, I remember the old days, we have come from so far. Enjoy it.

Haha. I'm not complaining - I quite enjoy the positives you mentioned. I was merely pointing out that injecting traffic has to have an effect on FPS and that effect can be significant.

With PMDG 777 arriving sometimes soon, we will need to think about how to deal of long flights and PSXT/RT. 8-10 hours of real time flying is obvious no-go for me, so most likely I will be turning off PSXT while flying from Ireland to Canada and setting acceleration up to x8.

2 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

With PMDG 777 arriving sometimes soon, we will need to think about how to deal of long flights and PSXT/RT. 8-10 hours of real time flying is obvious no-go for me, so most likely I will be turning off PSXT while flying from Ireland to Canada and setting acceleration up to x8.

That's up to you, of course, no problem. There are also lots of people that enjoy a trans atlantic crossing  in 1x, see the popularity of such events at VATSIM and IVAO.

And with a time shift of -2 hours you can now ,in RT v10 Prof, also enjoy the atlantic traffic at your TCAS, and sometimes even from your window.