Sign in to follow this  
glider1

Feedback on WAMA 1.24b02 in MSFS2020

With the arrival of the Parallel-42 Juice Goose for MSFS2020, we finally have a superb way of driving from the airport to our overnight accommodation!

Being an old WAMA P3D customer, I thought I'd fire up WAMA for MSFS2020 from Sim Market and give it a go!

Here is my feedback:

What it does do!

• Save the position of the current vehicle without issues
  • If the position is in a parking spot, the "I want to fly this aircraft" option will load the aircraft in the saved position in a cold and dark state. Excellent!
  • If the position is not in a parking spot, the engines will be running (Would it be possible to tell the sim that the current spot is a parking spot to enable cold and dark?)
  • The Google Earth Live and static mechanic is brilliant. You can immediately compare your position with Google images and street view in the real world!

What it doesn't do. There are a lot of things not working. Suggest cutting back all the stuff that doesn't work and is not needed for basic functionality.

The critical missing features are:

1. If you try to leave your current vehicle and enter the default vehicle (so for example leaving your plane to enter your car), it will send you to the middle of the ocean.
  2. If you want to select a saved aircraft and "I want to fly this aircraft from my current position" it will send you to the middle of the ocean.

Desirable features not included or working:

• If you use drone view to walk from your aircraft to your car and get in the car and then "I want to fly this aircraft", WAMA will CTD because you are not in cockpit view.

Thank you for at least uploading the beta of this product. It is still very useful in its current form. There are work arounds even if nothing is updated on WAMA. You can save your aircraft position in its parking bay using WAMA and instead of using WAMA to switch to your car, you can use developer mode which works perfectly.

Cheers and thank you again.

Glider

@glider1Thanks for your feedback. I am using the demoversion with MSFS and the basics seem to work. It is fun to see aircraft you've previously flown parked when you visit an airport in another aircraft.

@Lorby_SIAre you planning to develop this addon for MSFS further or is that on hold?

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

7 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

Are you planning to develop this addon for MSFS further or is that on hold?

There is a more advanced version 1.26 already, where the "middle of the ocean" problem has been fixed. That is actually an issue with .Net, something deep inside has changed that leads to a lat/lon calculation error. I will look at the drone mode thing, but MSFS is very tricky to operate in those regards.

But "on hold" is basically true. There are less than a handful of people who are still using the app. The plan still is to retire all legacy Lorby addons except AAO.

If you want, send me an email to support at wildfiretrainingsolutions.ca with your proof of purchase. Then I will provide the latest development version.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

If you want, send me an email to support at wildfiretrainingsolutions.ca with your proof of purchase.

I was using the 20 min. demo version, I haven't purchased the product yet since most of the functionality doesn't work with MSFS. As I don't use P3D or FSX the price is a bit high for what it does just for MSFS and since it seemed development was on hold.

If  appreciate you are concentrating on AAO, that I did purchase and it must take quite a bit of your time to keep up with the changes in MSFS. This year it might be extra busy because of MSFS2024 which might also requires you to make some changes.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Feedback after a while using WAMA in MSFS2020 from Sim market:

Here are the features that are working and extremely useful:

• Can save the position of any aircraft and it works reliably.
  • Can switch to a saved aircraft without initialization problems in many but not all aircraft.
  • Can pinpoint exactly where your aircraft is on Google Earth maps.

Those three features alone are very important for me.

If it were possible to switch aircraft without involving the loading screen that would be icing on the cake.

5 hours ago, glider1 said:

If it were possible to switch aircraft without involving the loading screen that would be icing on the cake.

Only Asobo can do something about that.

The instant switch to another aircraft is a special feature of the Prepar3D SDK only.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI