Sign in to follow this  
francesco_m

Aerosoft A330 fuel quantity lower than real

Hello, 

I noticed that the Aerosoft A330 has less fuel capability than the real, it has 76.56 Tons while the real A330-300 has a fuel capacity of 109 Tons. Someone has any of information about, or if it can be fixed?
As loading fuel trough the FMC it says maximum 76T even changing the aircraft.cfg with more fuel quantity 
thanks

ck add manual weight pssgr data and fuel amount in MDC3 read through that will give u extended fuel get figures from sim brief using P00 or P01 copy those into aircraft. don't use aerosoft fuel calculations note this stuff is from 2019 area and aerosoft didn't feel necessary to do updates on this. I am just a hobby simmer doin this since 1995 i think you will find your answer

• Upvote 1

Aerosoft modeled an early 300 that didn't have centre tanks, only a stabiliser tank (I think).

That model could only load 76.5t of fuel. Most 300's now have centre tanks and can load the 109ish tonnes you mentioned. Aerosoft are correct, they just happened to model an early version, probably because they found the most accurate/consistant documentation for it.

It's a bit of a simism to assume all aircraft of a certain type are the same, as an aircraft ages there are numerous updates and improvements that manufacturers add, usually as parts become old and hard to source they update to a newer and often better/lighter/faster/bigger ones. Often, to the operating crew, there's little difference but sometimes you see certain registrations of a fleet having slightly different configs/performance/weights/fuel capacities or other operating limitations. On the baby bus we used to have 13 different variants... and that was before the Neo's came out.

HTH

Ian

• Like 1

10 hours ago, greggd said:

ck add manual weight pssgr data and fuel amount in MDC3 read through that will give u extended fuel get figures from sim brief using P00 or P01 copy those into aircraft. don't use aerosoft fuel calculations note this stuff is from 2019 area and aerosoft didn't feel necessary to do updates on this. I am just a hobby simmer doin this since 1995 i think you will find your answer

yes, tried to add manually the fuel but it automatically reset because it wants to be loaded via fmc

2 hours ago, iwebber said:

Aerosoft modeled an early 300 that didn't have centre tanks, only a stabiliser tank (I think).

That model could only load 76.5t of fuel. Most 300's now have centre tanks and can load the 109ish tonnes you mentioned. Aerosoft are correct, they just happened to model an early version, probably because they found the most accurate/consistant documentation for it.

It's a bit of a simism to assume all aircraft of a certain type are the same, as an aircraft ages there are numerous updates and improvements that manufacturers add, usually as parts become old and hard to source they update to a newer and often better/lighter/faster/bigger ones. Often, to the operating crew, there's little difference but sometimes you see certain registrations of a fleet having slightly different configs/performance/weights/fuel capacities or other operating limitations. On the baby bus we used to have 13 different variants... and that was before the Neo's came out.

HTH

Ian

yes I actually researched as well and 76T was the previous version, i exposed wrongly. but still some operations are limited with that looking how set more fuel in the Airbus overriding the FMC