Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

OnAir, Neofly, Air Hauler 2 and The Skypark Opinion Request

I really enjoyed Air Hauler 2 at one point; however, I stopped using it because of two reasons:

1. Check rides are gimmicky and only consume time 

2. The connection to MSFS is abrasive and outdated.  

Matt King

Neofly coupled with in flight usage with Sky4Sim (great with VR) is my choice, not actually used NF for awhile but it's the one I go to when I fancy that type of GamePlay.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

11 hours ago, Jazz said:

Yes, thank you, Tom. The thought crossed my mind when I shut the PC down earlier after giving the program a quick look but I wasn't sure if I owned the starting plane or not. I will give this a look tomorrow. I hope you're right. I'm sure you are.

He's right. And if you don't have the plane you want in your location you can rent/buy one and bring it to you location, its easy.

I always use Neofly, its a good app, free, the addons are not fundamentals but are good additions, and cheep.

1 hour ago, Maniac said:

He's right. And if you don't have the plane you want in your location you can rent/buy one and bring it to you location, its easy.

I looked at renting one yesterday but didn't have the funds for the deposit without earning enough flying something I didn't want to fly. It wasn't the answer. I'll be curious if the sale of the plane I have will cover the cost of the comanche. I'll find out now.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I just looked at selling the warrior and it's worth only 40,400. The cheapest comanche to buy is 222,000 and it's a shed. 176,000 more than I'll have after I sell so that is not an option either. The deposit to rent is a snip under 40,000 so if I sell and then rent and don't make any mistakes it may be my route out.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

1 minute ago, Jazz said:

I just looked at selling the warrior and it's worth only 40,400. The cheapest comanche to buy is 222,000 and it's a shed. 176,000 more than I'll have after I sell so that is not an option either. The deposit to rent is a snip under 40,000 so if I sell and then rent and don't make any mistakes it may be my route out.

You can also take a loan to get some more money.

Strange you can't edit the data in the std.bin. It works fine for me using DB Browser for SQLite.

What I did to start my career in Neofly 4 was to increase the first possible loan from 50.000 to 500.000. So I was good to go without any more cheating (apart from editing some of the liveries' names).

Apart from that there is always the Freelancer mode.

6 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

You can also take a loan to get some more money.

Strange you can't edit the data in the std.bin. It works fine for me using DB Browser for SQLite.

What I did to start my career in Neofly 4 was to increase the first possible loan from 50.000 to 500.000. So I was good to go without any more cheating (apart from editing some of the liveries' names).

Apart from that there is always the Freelancer mode.

Can you state the name and location of the database?

Tom

Well, I'd love to know what your secret is. That said, it doesn't really matter now. I sold the Warrior and rented a Comanche.

In Neofly, is there a way to find or generate a route back to base after having flown a leg? In OnAir you could generate a return leg once a day but I can't see anyway to get a leg back to base, well, ever really, without just flying back empty or ferrying the thing back.

11 hours ago, tjrush said:

Can you state the name and location of the database?

11 hours ago, Jazz said:

Well, I'd love to know what your secret is.

The file is called std.bin and it is in the folder you installed Neofly to.

With Neofly closed, open the file with DB Browser for SQLite. Go to the "Browse Data" tab. For example open the "Table": "Loans". Double click the field with "50000" in line 1. In the window on the right "Edit Database Cell" change it to "500000" and "apply". Close DB Browser for SQLite and confirm "Save". Open Neofly and your first Loan to take should now be 500.000.

20 hours ago, Jazz said:

I looked at renting one yesterday but didn't have the funds for the deposit without earning enough flying something I didn't want to fly. It wasn't the answer. I'll be curious if the sale of the plane I have will cover the cost of the comanche. I'll find out now.

I don't know how much it costs to rent a comanche, but if you sell your starting plane, i forgot to tell you that, i believe you have enough cash to rent it.

With Neofly closed, open the file with DB Browser for SQLite. Go to the "Browse Data" tab. For example open the "Table": "Loans". Double click the field with "50000" in line 1. In the window on the right "Edit Database Cell" change it to "500000" and "apply". Close DB Browser for SQLite and confirm "Save". Open Neofly and your first Loan to take should now be 500.000.

I did this and it doesn't work. Well, it doesn't work on your balance. You can't change it. However, after reading your reply I decided to try to change the loan amount and that does indeed work. It seems that some things can be editied and some things cannot. I have no idea why this is the case. Give it a try and see if it's just me being thick. It's entirely possible that's the case. Maybe I'm trying to edit the wrong balance field. I'm editing the "Balance" figure one on the "Finances" table. I find that if I change the current balance to a new one it has no effect at all in the UI. However, it saves because if I open the database again the figure I inputed does indeed show and has not reverted to the original unedited balance that still shows in the UI.

Anyway, after trying to change the loan amount and succeeding I have reverted back because there is no longer a need for me to do it since I worked around it as I mentioned earlier. This was just an experiment for me to see if I was doing it correctly.

2 hours ago, Jazz said:

I did this and it doesn't work. Well, it doesn't work on your balance. You can't change it. However, after reading your reply I decided to try to change the loan amount and that does indeed work. It seems that some things can be editied and some things cannot. I have no idea why this is the case. Give it a try and see if it's just me being thick. It's entirely possible that's the case. Maybe I'm trying to edit the wrong balance field. I'm editing the "Balance" figure one on the "Finances" table. I find that if I change the current balance to a new one it has no effect at all in the UI. However, it saves because if I open the database again the figure I inputed does indeed show and has not reverted to the original unedited balance that still shows in the UI.

Anyway, after trying to change the loan amount and succeeding I have reverted back because there is no longer a need for me to do it since I worked around it as I mentioned earlier. This was just an experiment for me to see if I was doing it correctly.

To change your balance you need to go to the "Players" tab and change the "Cash" figure. I guess the "Balance" figure on the "Finance" tab is just the result of some internal calculations thus cannot really be edited.

Edited by RALF9636

3 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

To change your balance you need to go to the "Players" tab and change the "Cash" figure. I guess the "Balance" figure on the "Finance" tab is just the result of some internal calculations thus cannot really be edited.

Ahh, so you mean that it is just me being thick? I told you it was entirely possible, didn't I? 😉

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Yep, just gave it a go and you're completely correct. Cheers buddy. I won't be cheating with it but if I want to start again it's very useful to know.

• Like 1