Sign in to follow this  
bigalrose

Prepar3D V6 hangs at startup before Splash

@bigalrose, very strange. Try temporarily turning off Virus Protection just in case it’s blocking the exe from running correctly.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This thread can be closed and/or deleted.

Problem diagnosed by Microsoft Windows support online (no charge).

Traced to registry entry contaminated by defective installation of latest release of FSDreamteam GSX software.

Microsoft support assisted in rectifying the problem.

No Further Action required or requested on this problem

Regards
Al

• Like 1

@bigalrose, have you reported this on the GSX forum? I’m sure it would interest @virtuali.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Always two sides to a story...

Happy to hear resolved but the fix mentioned kind of contradicts the statements below, I guess the installs were not as clean as indicated.

Is it any wonder advice was hard to come by.

On 12/8/2023 at 5:31 AM, bigalrose said:

This is a "Clean" install of Prepar3d V6, into a "Fresh" Windows 11 Professional 64-bit system.

Following install of Windows 11, Graphics Drivers have been updated

The download came from LM's download site and was run with full Administrator Privileges. There is NO additional Security System on my system.

There are NO ADDON's or other modifications to the LM software (no scenery, aircraft, etc.).

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

On 12/7/2023 at 6:30 PM, bigalrose said:

NO Addons on the intallation.

On 12/7/2023 at 6:31 PM, bigalrose said:

One more try to clarify my issue:

This is a "Clean" install of Prepar3d V6, into a "Fresh" Windows 11 Professional 64-bit system.

@Rogen yeah, I was wondering the same myself..............Hmmm

Nigh on impossible to track down a problem when you're not given the full details.

Edited by Sparkrite
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bigalrose said:

This thread can be closed and/or deleted.

Problem diagnosed by Microsoft Windows support online (no charge).

Traced to registry entry contaminated by defective installation of latest release of FSDreamteam GSX software.

The problem is: this is simply not true. 

Installing GSX doesn't change any registry keys that could possibly affect the simulator, and I don't expect somebody who is clearly a very low-level support person from Microsoft could possibly have any idea about what can affect Prepar3D V6. Has this guy said exactly which keys were "contaminated" by GSX ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1