Sign in to follow this  
Kalnon

Looking for Bolivian airports

Hello, I wanted to buy this very nice looking scenery for the entire country of Bolivia here: https://secure.simmarket.com/flytoproject-flyto-bolivia.phtml

I was using LIttleNavmap to take a look at the airports in Bolivia that come with P3Dv5 and I notice that there are not very many.  Does anyone know of any 3rd party Bolivian airports and airstrips for P3Dv5 I can add to this beautiful scenery?  I'm most interested in airports & airstrips that are not already in the sim, both freeware and payware.

Thanks

Edited by Kalnon
spelling correction
  • Upvote 1

Thank you both so much @MonkeyWings and @Antonov22😍

My searching skills are terrible.  For example, at simmarket I typed in just the word "Bolivia" in it's search tool and all that came up as a result is the Fly To Bolivia scenery, no airports or anything else.  I guess I just don't know all the tips and tricks of finding what I want on the internet.

It's sad I missed the black friday sales but I didn't get paid until yesterday, now I have money to burn 🔥

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it.

Edited by Kalnon

2 hours ago, Antonov22 said:

No longer on sale. Much like most of LVFR's older products.

My apologies. I had no idea. I brought them before they all went inactive. Some P3D/FSX airports are disappearing.

I wish LatinVFR and others would sell them as legacy, or as freeware. Even Flytampa does so.

There was another freeware site exclusively for South American airports, but the site disappeared recently.

https://3dmodelbrasil.com/2019/03/09/bolivia-fsx-p3d/

Edited by MonkeyWings

17 minutes ago, MonkeyWings said:

My apologies. I had no idea. I brought them before they all went inactive. Some P3D/FSX airports are disappearing.

I wish LatinVFR and others would sell them as legacy, or as freeware. Even Flytampa does so.

There was another freeware site exclusively for South American airports, but the site disappeared recently.

https://3dmodelbrasil.com/2019/03/09/bolivia-fsx-p3d/

It's okay, so many older FSX add-ons of all kinds are disappearing and it makes me so very sad.  I still use FSX fairly often to fly my old favorite classic aircraft that I still love and I still like searching the web for more interesting freeware and payware add-ons or mods for FSX I haven't yet tried (yes I know I'm strange) and I'm finding more and more dead links and products or developers that no longer exist as time goes on.  I wish there was some way to save it all from disappearing.

The last place to get the OZx Grumman Goose Redux and Bell 206 Redux for example, was on a file sharing site that got shut down fairly recently and now there's nowhere to get the beautiful original OZx aircraft (which work in P3Dv5 btw).  Thank goodness I still have the installer for the Goose but unfortunately not the Bell 206.

As much as I love modern sims, I will continue to use FSX until I'm either dead or too old to play 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kalnon said:

so many older FSX add-ons of all kinds are disappearing and it makes me so very sad.

I've been thinking about this the last few days. Developers keep migrating their talents to MSFS for understandable market reasons while many have played the funeral dirge for the ESP sims. Yet they continue to charge the same price for addons that they charged fifteen to twenty years ago when they were first released, some charging as much or less for their productions for the new sim. Why not some deep cuts for those addons since according to so many the FS9@X/P3D has dried up so further development no longer viable? Ther's a 4-engine airliner I would reinstall FSX for but I'M not going to pay $60 for something that old and no longer supported. I suppose clearance sales don't work with software. My hats off to Milviz and others who gave their abandonware to the community free. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Vic green

11 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

I've been thinking about this the last few days. Developers keep migrating their talents to MSFS for understandable market reasons while many have played the funeral dirge for the ESP sims. Yet they continue to charge the same price for addons that they charged fifteen to twenty years ago when they were first released, some charging as much or less for their productions for the new sim. Why not some deep cuts for those addons since according to so many the FS9@X/P3D has dried up so further development no longer viable? Ther's a 4-engine airliner I would reinstall FSX for but I'M not going to pay $60 for something that old and no longer supported. I suppose clearance sales don't work with software. My hats off to Milviz and others who gave their abandonware to the community free. 

Well said, I've been thinking about this for a long time.  I never understood why so many FSX & P3D developers keep charging such large amounts of money for their very old legacy simulator products, simulators that many have people have moved on from.  And look at the prices for MSFS products, much cheaper than their FSX/P3D counterparts, this makes no sense to me.

For those of us that still use prefer ESP simulators, we have to pay out the rear end if we want add-ons yet many new MSFS products are significantly cheaper in many cases.  Just look at the PMDG 737NGXu for P3D compared to the price of their MSFS 737-700, -800 or -900 for example, all cheaper than the NGXu or Carenado's MSFS planes that are almost half the cost of their FSX/P3D counterparts and developers are always having sales for MSFS products but rarely ever have sales for their FSX/P3D products, it just doesn't make financial sense me.  I could go on and on...

If they would have more sales on ESP products more often, more people would buy more products and therefore making the developer more money, don't developers realize that? I know I would be much more likely to buy more ESP products if on sale or at reasonable prices.  Don't developers realize that sales or more reasonable prices would make a lot more of us ESP users much more likely to buy their products?  Better for developers to make a sale at a discount than no sale at all, right?  I have to be very picky when I look for products to buy because of the outrageous prices, there's many things I still want but the prices often make me decide to pass or wait, hope and pray for that one single sale a year.

Edited by Kalnon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I agree with you guys. I have only been buying when products are on sale. I don't bother paying the full price for anything anymore P3D related. Just loaded up on a bunch of stuff I didn't have in Europe that all were on sale. It's a shame a lot of the orbx stuff doesn't go on sale often. There are a few of them I still need.

• Like 3

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

4 hours ago, ywg256 said:

I agree with you guys. I have only been buying when products are on sale. I don't bother paying the full price for anything anymore P3D related. Just loaded up on a bunch of stuff I didn't have in Europe that all were on sale. It's a shame a lot of the orbx stuff doesn't go on sale often. There are a few of them I still need.

Actually Orbx is one of the few developers that actually does have regular sales, it's one of the reasons why they're so popular.  They have a sale about three to four times a year or about once every third or quarter of the year.  I know this because I check Orbx Central all the time for sales and I own a LOT of Orbx scenery, most of which I bought and collected during those sales.  I recommend that you check Orbx Central often because they usually don't announce their sales ahead of time.  With all the money I spent (more than I care to say out loud) on Orbx sales, I think I've paid the salaries of a lot of Orbx employees over the years. 😂

Many other developers, especially aircraft developers, only have a sale once a year or even no sales at all for FSX & P3D products.  Even if you go look at FS9 products still available on websites, they still price their products as if they were brand new for their ancient FS9 products and old FSX products, again, for someone that likes to mess around with old legacy flight simulators (yes I'm weird like that), it makes no sense to me at all.

Tip: It does actually help to email the developers and ask for a sale or change in price, this does help if enough of us do it.  I always email them, and say in a polite way, that I would love to purchase their products if they would offer more reasonable prices or sales.  I always tell them that I'm much more likely to buy if I see a good price or a sale on their products.

Edited by Kalnon

True for some of the devs IE DD, however there a few that I haven't really seen on sale or extremely rare. For instance MK doesn't show for sale at orbx but currently for sale on simmarket.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3