Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

AIG Manager

I have never used AIG Manager before. I had a manually installed custom AI database in P3Dv4, so I never needed it. However, now that I have Microsoft Flight Simulator installed, I would like to know what I need to do to get a global AI database installed (models and repaints) as smoothly and effortlessly as possible. Can this AIG Manager do that for me? If so, what do I need to download, and where do I find it?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You can download it from here. AI Manager is the program to install the airlines, models, liveries etc and AIGTC is the controller program that you run with the sim that injects the traffic. I'd suggest starting out with only a few airlines that you really want to see to get the hang of how it works etc and build from there. The biggest thing is to take you time as it's a MASSIVE project.

https://www.alpha-india.net/software/

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

if you have any issues let us know. You will get great support over at the forum or our Discord.

• Like 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Where do I let AI Manager know which flightplans to install? I suspect that it is wanting to install everything in the database.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

21 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Where do I let AI Manager know which flightplans to install? I suspect that it is wanting to install everything in the database.

Check at about the 3 minute mark in this video:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Why are the South America and Asia options not available? Is it simply because specific packages for these have not been created yet? If so, I assume that all available flightplans for South America and Asia are included in the Global option?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Wow, I see that selecting GLOBAL/NORTH AMERICA/EUROPE/AFRICA has installed a total of 173 flightplans, but there are another 1388 in the Online section!! :ohmy:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Why are the South America and Asia options not available? Is it simply because specific packages for these have not been created yet? If so, I assume that all available flightplans for South America and Asia are included in the Global option?

no preset for the both areas yet, you need to install those from the list for now

3 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Wow, I see that selecting GLOBAL/NORTH AMERICA/EUROPE/AFRICA has installed a total of 173 flightplans, but there are another 1388 in the Online section!! :ohmy:

From the Alpha-India.net site: (my bolding)

Presets:
Together with this update we provide a full set of presets for the world. Allowing users to quickly install the major airlines for each continent. No more need to select the airlines you want from the ever growing list of airlines.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

5 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

and more to come xD

• Like 3

Good thing the cancel button works properly. 🙂When I was still installing, I would fire up AIM while I was doing other stuff on my computer and just let it install in the background. Whenever I wanted to shutdown the computer, or use it to fly, I just hit cancel and let it finish the flight plan it was installing at the time. I still don't have them all, but I'm getting a great assortment of traffic everywhere I go now.

@Kaiii3 - I've noticed that a few models don't have lights at night. IIRC, I was waiting for TO at KLAS and a Delta Airbus (I think the model had "-330m" or something like that in it) landed with no lights. On another flight, I was given a traffic alert on an American Airbus ("-230"???) that went right by me at night with no landing lights (we were both below 10K). Are you guys aware of that, or should I start taking notes as to which airlines and models I'm seeing that with and start a thread on your forum? 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

32 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Good thing the cancel button works properly. 🙂When I was still installing, I would fire up AIM while I was doing other stuff on my computer and just let it install in the background. Whenever I wanted to shutdown the computer, or use it to fly, I just hit cancel and let it finish the flight plan it was installing at the time. I still don't have them all, but I'm getting a great assortment of traffic everywhere I go now.

@Kaiii3 - I've noticed that a few models don't have lights at night. IIRC, I was waiting for TO at KLAS and a Delta Airbus (I think the model had "-330m" or something like that in it) landed with no lights. On another flight, I was given a traffic alert on an American Airbus ("-230"???) that went right by me at night with no landing lights (we were both below 10K). Are you guys aware of that, or should I start taking notes as to which airlines and models I'm seeing that with and start a thread on your forum? 

yeah we are aware of some light issues and are still tracking them down, sometimes it seems random while other reports indicate going lagacy-format might help as well...

• Like 1

Installation of those 173 flightplans, AI plane models and repaints appeared to be almost flawless. The only minor issue that I experienced was a stall when the software was trying to download item 42/98 in the Volaris Airlines flightplan. However, this corrected itself after a restart of the AI Manager.

On a side note, is there a Volga Dnepr Airlines flightplan available for MSFS? I appreciate that there may be problems with this as it is a Russia based airline, but shortly before I switched from P3Dv4 to Microsoft Flight Simulator, I was surprised (and thrilled) to see an Ilyushin 76 parked at EGCC Manchester. It's always nice to see a rare plane model in the simulator :smile:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

43 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

On a side note, is there a Volga Dnepr Airlines flightplan available for MSFS?

same flightplans are used for P3D and MSFS, but at the moment we do not have all models upgraded/converted to MSFS. I thnik those russian aircraft are among those, but the Team has them on the list and at some point we will see them.

• Upvote 1

One curious thing I noticed.......out of the 173 flightplans that I have installed to date, Pegasus Airlines is the only one with a missing logo. Is there a reason for that?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png