Sign in to follow this  
Artysmart

Enable Developer mode

Hi

I am trying to set up my numpad to control the cameras in fsx VC

I have been told that i need to enable developer mode to do this 

When I googled how to to this the answer was quite simple. Load fsx, go to menu,options,general options,Enable dev mode

when  I went to options there was no Gen options available.

I Am running FSX deluxe under win 10 and have the latest version of SDK installed

Can anybody tell me either how  to enable Dev mode or (preferably) how to program my num pad with word not allowed proof step by step instructions

Thanks in advance 

Regards 

Art

I don't think that FSX has a "Developer Mode".  That would be MSFS 2020.  Doing the Google search  came up with Microsoft Flight Simulator Developer mode.  It is referring to MSFS 2020.

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, Artysmart said:

Hi

I am trying to set up my numpad to control the cameras in fsx VC

If the cameras are currently accessible by key press you use something like HID macros to access them.  The app also has access to some sim variables if the cameras use any of those.  I use it with an add-on keypad to open 2D windows(GPS, etc.)

Another possibility is Auto Hot Key, but I haven't used that in years.

BTW, HID macros isn't supported anymore, so if you do decide to give it a try watch for any conflicts with FSX.

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

@Artysmart
This is one way.

Start FSX and on the Home screen, select Settings then Controls and finally Buttons/Keys.
Scroll down to the six Eyepoint settings.
Select one by clicking on it and then click on Change Assignment.
Press the key that you want to control that movement and then click on OK.
Repeat for the other five Eyepoint settings.

7.jpg

Edited by Reader

Hi

following on from previous.

I have found a tutorial on flight simulator forum by this beta tester called Anyman at https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/guide-how-to-configure-cockpit-views-cameras-using-custom-camera-controller-assignments/171116

It is exactly what I want ie to position the free  camera (with zoom ) and assign a numpad key to it.

I understand the first part of the tut but when it comes to the part where he explains how to "bind" the custom camera  with the desired buttons ie num pad 1 I am completely stuck.

could anybody tell me how to access this screen (see image)

Screenshot-239.png

No images are showing!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

33 minutes ago, Artysmart said:

I have found a tutorial on flight simulator forum by this beta tester called Anyman at https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/guide-how-to-configure-cockpit-views-cameras-using-custom-camera-controller-assignments/171116

It is exactly what I want ie to position the free  camera (with zoom ) and assign a numpad key to it.

I understand the first part of the tut but when it comes to the part where he explains how to "bind" the custom camera  with the desired buttons ie num pad 1 I am completely stuck.

could anybody tell me how to access this screen (see image)

I think you are confusing different versions of the simulator.  In your original post you said you are using FSX.

The tutorial you are showing relates to FS2020 (MSFS) which is a very different product, with very little in common with FSX in the way things work. 

• Upvote 1

John B

2 minutes ago, Biggles2010 said:

I think you are confusing different versions of the simulator.  In your original post you said you are using FSX.

The tutorial you are showing relates to FS2020 (MSFS) which is a very different product, with very little in common with FSX in the way things work. 

Guess he just ignored my first post to him about that situation! 🤔

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Hi sorry again

I did take on board about the dev mode being for 2020 but did not realise that the tut was for 2020.

Back to my original post. Is there anyway that I could replicate any man’s tut in fax.

what I need(hope) to do is, with a single click go to a close up view of the auto pilot on the Kap140 unit

Many thanks for your insight up to now

and once again sorry for my misunderstanding.