Sign in to follow this  
Mudhendriver

SWS PC-12 Night Ops

First of all, well done on a superb aircraft.  Has some bugs but will be ironed out soon.  Quick question: I could not dim the ADI in a night flight.  I dimmed all the instrument lights etc, but could not adjust ADI.  I'm running with TDS GTNxi and normally there's a setting (utilities/system) that allows you to dim backlighting on PFD etc but could not find it nor could I find a knob that would dim it.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Mudhendriver
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mudhendriver said:

First of all, well done on a superb aircraft.  Has some bugs but will be ironed out soon.  Quick question: I could not dim the ADI in a night flight.  I dimmed all the instrument lights etc, but could not adjust ADI.  I'm running with TDS GTNxi and normally there's a setting (utilities/system) that allows you to dim backlighting on PFD etc but could not find it nor could I find a knob that would dim it.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

The ADI and HSI brightness knob is located on the CP467 panel -  labelled BRT. It's the panel that controls the NAV source and has the heading and course knobs also. 

Murray Dreyer

3 hours ago, MOD71 said:

The ADI and HSI brightness knob is located on the CP467 panel -  labelled BRT. It's the panel that controls the NAV source and has the heading and course knobs also. 

To add, that knob has two rings, one for each. And it needs a lot of turns/scrolls to see it reducing the brightness. 

13 hours ago, Mudhendriver said:

Has some bugs but will be ironed out soon

Curious, what bugs?  I was under the impression that the last patch .05 addressed all known issues.  What 'bugs' are you seeing?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

On 12/15/2023 at 3:19 AM, Mudhendriver said:

Thanks in advance

I was about to post exactly this question.  In anything other than peak daylight the EADI is way too bright.

On 12/15/2023 at 4:36 AM, MOD71 said:

I tried turning that BRT knob on the CP467 panel and could only get it to adjust the EHSI.    I'll try again.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, JYW said:

I tried turning that BRT knob on the CP467 panel and could only get it to adjust the EHSI.    I'll try again.

It's a dual knob and the clickspots are goofy.  You can definitely dim it you just have to mess around until you get it.  Hope they improve that....

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

On 12/15/2023 at 12:15 PM, Mike S KPDX said:

Curious, what bugs?  I was under the impression that the last patch .05 addressed all known issues.  What 'bugs' are you seeing?

Can’t use FSUIPC to control pitch and/or roll. 

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot