Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

IniBuilds' OMDU and Orbx's Dubai

@andy1252 The conflicts you showed in the photos look completely different sizes ? I guess if they were the same size the conflict wouldn't be so obvious

Edited by mobeans10

3 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

Yes you do.  I saw doubled buildings in the main passenger terminals until I did so.

Thanks for that. I had been wondering but hadn't gotten around to trying the new version yet (too busy hoovering up bargains in the Marketplace <grin>)

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

1 hour ago, mobeans10 said:

@andy1252 The conflicts you showed in the photos look completely different sizes ? I guess if they were the same size the conflict wouldn't be so obvious

Yep, that's how they come out. The ferris wheel is the most annoying as it is a more obvious feature. I did block out the texture files ok from the Orbx version but that just left the underlying model visible as one of those awful pink features, and I don't know enough to figure out a way of removing the basic model, rather than just the covering textures (if that's even possible)

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

I tried turning off inbuilds landmarks vs orbx, i found that orbx looked better and had more buildings than the new inibuilds version, unless im missing something?  So everyone is using the two together then?

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

2 hours ago, theskyisthelimit said:

I tried turning off inbuilds landmarks vs orbx, i found that orbx looked better and had more buildings than the new inibuilds version, unless im missing something?  So everyone is using the two together then?

Personal choice. The Orbx cityscape has definitely got more buildings, but personally I prefer the IniBuilds stuff where present (in most cases), and I like the effect of the combination. And I just had a quick tour round the IniBuilds OMDB and I have to say I think it's fantastic. So a really nice environment altogether now.

There's not really any comparison, the ORBX is much better and covers a vast area including autogen buildings. IniBuilds feels like it just replaces a number of structures but most the area is left default.

Best is to use both.

the ini devs said they will add more buildings over time. Will be interesting to see it in a year.

So running both at once, is it confirmed by anyone that the ZZZ is needed for one of them?  I dont think with my quick test of both enabled it appeared it was needed, i still saw a lot of buildings (combined)

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking: