Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Back to the (love of) Mountains - Munich to Zugspitze

Recommended Posts

The Alps Mountain ranges are (geographically) distributed primarily among several countries as follows: Austria (29%), Italy (27%), France (21%), and Switzerland (13%). For non-natives of Europe, as I am, these are the 4 countries, that probably come foremost to mind when we think of the Alps, and, personally speaking, not sure why, but the Swiss Alps, come to my mind first. Anyway, if one adds up the numbers above, it comes to 90%. The rest 10% are shared by Germany, Slovenia, Liechtenstein and Monaco, with Germany taking the major share of it with 6%. This German part of the Alps lies exclusively in the state of Bavaria. It's therefore also commonly called the Bavarian Alps... (As it happened, today, I caught sight of a BMW, in front me, at the traffic light...and I was thinking...here's a "B" that also stands for the German state of Bavaria, the birthplace of BMW...🙂...). 

The Bavarian Alps, stretching west from the (remote) southeastern corner of Germany, and located along the German-Austrian border, might be less-known externally than the rest of the Alps, but are recognized to be no less majestic, beautiful and dramatic. The Zugspitze is the highest peak of the Bavarian Alps and also the highest mountain in Germany. It's a bit unusual (and interesting) to know that this mountain can be ascended (and its summit be reached) from both countries. A short distance away from it, across the border, to the south, the towering Austrian Alps ranges begin...

I've (virtually) attempted to explore the Bavarian Alps, before, in my past SIMs, but without much success, primarily because, one needs imagery from both Germany and Austria, to do this properly, for reasons cited above. So, to see how it looks, with MSFS, I've set up a flight, here, from Munich Airport (EDDM) to Zugspitze, across a short (direct/GPS) distance of about 65 miles. 

The Zugspitze is shown in my shot #s (11,12,13), with the Austrian Alps quickly upcoming further south (see the next 4 shot #s (14,15,16,17). Not sure if it's my own perception (it could be also an artifact of my Xbox system), the (mountain) imagery from this (Germany/Austria) MSFS Update, appeared less sharp compared to my experience from the (MSFS) Update for Canada (and Mount Robson) ...see my earlier post.

Hope you enjoy this set of images of my trip to the Bavarian Alps, and also the images of this (attractive) TBM 930 turboprop, that (precisely) took me there. 

Thanks for viewing.

wuuyoH.png

3wOXnd.png

4gdKIC.png

M0s0Og.png

ASgKd1.png

8lsNQ3.png

0Sta6P.png

oYmrAQ.png

br4Uau.png

VmEO7e.png

qVzqiE.png

mcmvqU.png

22vvpy.png

bFvzFp.png

tK2ryO.png

uQ39KG.png

AxSlOb.png

aT32de.png

6ehSEi.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful set, like the pics around the Zugspitze 👍

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 3

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice flight, P_7878! I also like that paint job on your TBM 🙂

  • Like 3

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outdid yourself with the mountain motif this time. And that's a beautiful plane you selected for your flight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pmplayer, bernd, John, ikbenik:

Thank you. Glad you liked these images (and this airplane...🙂...) ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...